Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we’re reading this week.
- Podium and Nationwide Marketing Group are partnering to support independent retailers looking to offer ecommerce shopping options. Read the full story from Sleep Retailer.
- USA Today rounded up the Bed, Bath and Beyond 2020 store closures.
- The High Point Market Authority continues to prepare to welcome guests to the fall market. Learn more about what to expect at Sleepretailer.com.
- Forbes talks about how retail is faring in the pandemic compared with the automotive industry.
- WWD reported on a recent survey which shows that retailers are facing operational challenges due to the pandemic.
- Spring Air and its licensee, Silverline came together to make a hurricane relief donation. Get the full scoop at Sleepretailer.com.
- Woolroom is launching sleep environment bundles in the US. Learn more in this press release from PR Newswire.
- Customatic Technologies is targeting the senior consumer segment with its INDEPENDENCE BED. Read more from Sleep Retailer.
- How are shoppers responding to how retailer’s are addressing race? NRF wrote about it here.
- Globe Street predicts that the future of retail spaces will be smaller and mixed use.
- Brooklyn Bedding is launching its luxury adjustable base nationwide. We covered the update at Sleepretailer.com.
- Avanti Linens signed a new license for bedding and bath products. Home Textiles Today has the details.
- The Washingtonian dug into the sheer number of women in retail compared with other industries as well as how retail has become a professional starting point for women.
- Tempur Sealy is set to launch new antimicrobial and antiviral surface-guard technology for mattresses in 2021. Read all about it at Sleepretailer.com.
- According to this press release Loves Furniture is opening new locations in Pittsburgh. | PR Newswire
- Latexco US is now being managed under the larger group’s leadership. Learn more from Sleep Retailer.
Science & Fun Stuff
- The purpose of sleep appears to change when we are toddlers. The New Scientist explains.
- We are back on the how many hours of sleep is the right amount debate. Psychology Today wonders if seven hours is the sweet spot.
- Sleep deprivation interferes with our ability to maintain positivity. Read more from Medical News Today.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.