Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- ICYMI // SUMMER ISSUE RELEASE: Bursting with up-to-date information on all the latest mattress collections, sleep products and bedding technologies hitting the market this season our summer issue a must read. Check it out in digital magazine form or as individual web stories now. | Sleep Retailer
- A company called Technavio released a fairly comprehensive study of the mattress industry and a roadmap for recovery published on Business Wire.
- Charleston may soon have its own mattress recycling program. Learn more in this update from CHS Today.
- According to this press release, the inventors of Bed Scrunchie are engaged in a heated fight to protect their intellectual property. | PR Newswire
- Entrepreneur talks ecommerce, while PYMNTS considers how new retail technology enables a digital first approach.
- Furniture Today names the top 25 bedding retailers, all the while providing insights on the state of the industry in this article.
- The Malouf Foundation has partnered with the Safe House Project to launch a new OnWatch education platform. Learn more in this update from Sleep Retailer.
- According to Built In, the future of retail is personal.
- PYMNTS tracks retail sales in August and CNBC examines the stocks that are making the biggest moves right now—including Bed, Bath and Beyond.
- Ashley Furniture recently made a generous donation to its neighboring middle school—the school used the contribution to purchase VEX robotics equipment. Read more at Sleepretailer.com.
- In this story from Barron's, Bed, Bath and Beyond might finally be on the right track.
- Learn how IMC's reorganization better aligns leadership and leasing in this article from HomeWorld Business.
- Some good news out of California this week: The Mattress Recycling Council reports that more than 83% of mattresses discarded in the state in 2019 were diverted from California landfills. | Sleep Retailer
Science & Fun Stuff
- Sleep problems are often linked to cognitive problems in people who have Parkinson's. | Parkinson's News Today
- A new study outlined in an update from PsyPost links childhood sleep problems with psychosis and borderline during adolescence. Eek!
- On the lighter side, Yahoo Lifestyle wrote about what the side of the bed you sleep on says about your personality.
- According to this story from Elle, you can sleep your way to better skin.
- Separate bedding, not separate beds, could help solve couples' sleep woes! Read all about it from Good Housekeeping.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.