Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- In last week's eNews, we at Sleepretailer.com, published an original story in which we questioned the industry's tendency to only introduce new products in the winter.
- As Quartz puts it in this piece, Amazon is now a mattress company. Who else saw this coming?
- BEDGEAR recently released a fully modular mattress called the M3 - a mattress capable of evolving with your sleep needs. We've got the scoop in this article from Sleep Retailer.
- Spring Air is taking a unique approach to re-vamping its beloved Back Supporter Collection. Get the details from Sleep Retailer.
- Shout out to Wright Global Graphics for participating in a United Way campaign. Get the full story from The Dispatch.
- Serta Simmons Bedding and Tuft & Needle are merging and we have info on this strategic move at Sleepretailer.com.
- Harvard is now offering a course on sleep for new undergrads. The Telegraph UK covered the new development..
- Online mattress retailer, Nectar, is entering the UK market. The Retail Insight Network wrote about it in this article.
- Dorel Home Furniture is set to debut a mattress using nano-bionic technology at High Point Market and as part of the launch, they've brought a pioneer in the nano-bionic tech space to give a talk. We've got the scoop in this post from Sleep Retailer.
- You can use your Apple Watch to track your sleep. 9to5 Mac explains how in this article.
- In this story, a Forbes contributor predicts that Amazon's move to provide workers with a $15 minimum wage will put pressure on other retailers to follow suit.
- Reverie is making its products more accessible with its new testimonial based video campaign featuring normal people sharing their positive experiences with the brand's sleep systems. Read more at Sleepretailer.com.
- Surefit Home Decor acquired Protect-A-Bed at the end of September. Read more about the deal in this update from Home Textiles Today.
- Bed, Bath and Beyond is in hot water. We've rounded up coverage from Bloomberg, Motley Fool and CNN's money vertical here, here and here.
- Vystar Corporation recently introduced a pillow collection using Vytex latex. We shared product details in this story from Sleep Retailer.
- Using the mattress industry as their example, a Forbes contributor makes the point in this story that in retail, you have to disrupt or be disrupted.
- SIS Covers is launching a new bedding collection. Home Accents Today has the details.
- In order to streamline fulfillment processes and more, XPO Logistics is set to deploy 5,000 collaborative warehouse robots. Fascinating right? We thought so too! We've got more info for you in this story at Sleepretailer.com.
- Rise Up Retail isn't a union, but it seeks to protect retail workers as retail jobs become more and more volatile. Vox explored the campaign in this piece.
- One reality TV celeb hired a professional to help sleep train her son. Find out who in this article from People.
- Vystar Corp didn't just develop pillows using Vytex latex, they also created a mattress topper. Read more about this product from Sleep Retailer.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Science Daily discusses the link between sleep deprivation and memory in this study.
- We gathered all the recent stories and research debating the optimum quantity of sleep people need to get each night, then attempted to answer the question, "how much sleep do we really need?" Read the results in this original story from Sleep Retailer.
- According to this Science Daily report, risky behavior in teens is linked with poor sleep.
- Looking for a challenge? The New York Times recently ran this sleep themed puzzle.
New Hire Announcements & Job Listings
- ReST Performance is seeking a community and social marketing manager. Get the details from Restperformance.com.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.