Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- FALL 2018 ISSUE RELEASE: The latest issue of Sleep Retailer is out! Read the full magazine digitally here or view fall issue posts at Sleepretailer.com + don't miss our TRENDS FROM MARKET special publication.
- It's that time of year again. Registration for the winter Las Vegas Market 2019 is now open! Go register today.
- Our hearts go out tothe Bates McNulty family and the Spring Air company as they mourn the loss of one of the brand's owners, Elaine Bates McNulty. Read more from Sleep Retailer.
- A Forbes contributor reviews new noise-masking sleep buds from Bose in this story.
- Amazon is giving boxed bed brands a run for their money with its new mattresses. CNN covered it here and Retail Dive here.
- In hiring news, Talalay Global recently brought on a VP of business development. We've got the story at Sleepretailer.com.
- A Sleep Sherpa showroom is coming to Chicago. Learn more in this article from the Chicago Tribune's business segment.
- Therapedic recently hosted a mattress focused educational day in New Jersey featuring presentations on emerging industry trends, trends in health, state and federal regulation issues and more. Read more details from Furniture Today.
- Spring Air expanded its licensing agreement with Pleasant Mattress in 2019. Get the scoop from Sleep Retailer.
- The Colts football team and Ashley Home Store teamed up to provide 100 kids with their own beds. Read more at Colts.com.
- In this article, a Forbes contributor speculates on Bed Bath and Beyond's future and its long term strategy.
- The National Sleep Foundation is seeking speakers at its Sleep Show in March. Learn more at Sleepretailer.com.
- In California, the Mattress Recycling Council (MRC) is embroiled in a legal dispute with Blue Marble Materials. Get the details from San Francisco's local CBS.
- Business Insider curated this list of best sleep masks on the market.
- Talalay Global is supporting growth with a new head of product development. We covered the story at Sleepretailer.com.
- Good Housekeeping illustrates how to build the ideal bed in this visually engaging article.
- A leading bed brand recently closed in Boston. Find out which in this article from the Lincolnshire Reporter.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Learn more about sleep inertia and how scientists detect it in this story from Mental Floss.
- More teens are using sleep aids. According to this article from USA Today, there could be risks.
- Travel+Leisure offers its advice for sleeping while on the move in this story.
- New York Times editor Tim Herrera discusses how better sleep can significantly improve every day lives in the Smarter Living advice segment.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.