Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we’re reading this week.
- The new fall issue of Sleep Retailer is out! Access the issue digitally here or via web stories on Sleepretailer.com here. Happy reading!
- According to this press release from PR Newswire, Brooklyn Bedding has officially entered the latest category in bedding accessories—weighted blankets.
- We attended and wrote about the recent final phase hearing in the ongoing mattress anti-dumping investigation—we defined the issue, its implications and covered the hearing in this story from Sleep Retailer.
- Sleep Number is set to refresh its smart bed lineup. Learn more in this update from Minneapolis’ Star Tribune.
- Malouf recently announced the organization of an internal sustainability council. Get the scoop from Sleep Retailer.
- As its new CEO settles in, Bed, Bath and Beyond sees rising shares. Read more from the Motley Fool.
- What is an Alaskan King bed? House Beautiful breaks it down for us.
- Ashley Homestore recently donated $80,000 in furniture to A Sense of Home, a non-profit that helps people aging out of the foster system make their on their own dwellings feel like homes. Learn more at Sleepretailer.com.
- Emma mattress has arrived in the US. Business Insider shared a review.
- Naturepedic was recently recognized for being a GOTS certified organic mattress manufacturer for 10 years straight. We covered the story at Sleepretailer.com.
- Room and Board is launching a pop-up in the Hamptons. Learn more about the brand’s strategy from Business of Home.
- Resmed is introducing a cradle cpap mask. Learn more from Nasdaq.
- Coaster Company recently promoted Don Deeds to the role of evp of sales and marketing. You can read more in this article from Sleep Retailer.
- In this update, we have information about Malouf’s new adjustable base introductions. | Sleep Retailer
- In this story from Home Textiles Today, learn how Protect-A-Bed has updated its packaging, logo and product offerings.
- BEDGEAR is set to be the official mattress and pillow provider for the TCS NYC Marathon again this year. | Sleep Retailer
Science & Fun Stuff
- In this article from Time, learn about a 20-hour flight during which researchers will conduct tests on the passengers to see how well people can withstand such a long, non-stop flight.
- According to this story from Axios, millennials work and sleep more than other generations.
- Surprise, surprise— heavy social media usage is linked with poor sleep. | BBC Health
- Many parents are not following safe sleep advice for infants. WebMD has the details.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.