Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- FALL ISSUE RELEASE // The fall issue of Sleep Retailer has hit the streets. You can read the issue in a PDF format here or as web stories here.
- Supply chains are build for efficiency but are proving to lack agility. Read more from NRF.
- According to this press release from PR Newswire, West Coast Mercantile is introducing new and feature packed bed sheets.
- POLITICO chronicles another impending economic criss—empty retail space.
- Entrepreneur wonders if ecommerce can save retail.
- According to Axios, struggling retailers are banking on a strong holiday shopping turnout.
- High Point Market representatives and exhibitors report positive with fall market turnout—citing quality meetings and buys over quantity. | Sleepretailer.com.
- According to PR Newswire, Purple is expanding beyond the US by partnering with Sleep Country Canada.
- Furniture Today puts a spotlight on UK brand Silent Nights's bedding story.
- STORIS is expediting a new feature release to support retailers facing supply chain issues. Read the full article from Sleep Retailer.
- Concept stores like Naked Retail underscore the fact that physical, in-person retail likely isn't going away, it's just evolving. | Forbes
- Black Friday? How about Black November? Read more from Retail Gazette about how retailers are encouraging more consumer spending throughout November.
- Sleepscore Labs validates Alen, an air purifiers effectiveness for sleep improvement. Check out the full story at Sleepretailer.com.
- Business of Home highlighted home brands that are thriving amid the pandemic and what makes their models work.
- September saw a surprise increase in retail sale. Read more about it here from CNN, here from NBC and here from Finance & Commerce.
- You heard it from Queer Eye's Bobby Berk: you should splurge on your mattress. (We couldn't agree more!) | CNBC
- Magniflex recently unveiled a website for its GiNO brand to help build enthusiasm for its highly anticipated new collection even before its release. Learn more at Sleepretailer.com.
- Benzinga reports: science driven sleep tech is pushing extreme industry advancements forward.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Men's Health has solutions for fixing an out of whack sleep cycle.
- White noise might not be as good of a sleep aid as previously thought. The Guardian wrote about recent research findings on the matter.
- CTV News encourages readers to get a good night sleep before getting a flu shot because experts say quality sleep can increase vaccine effectiveness.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.