Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- FALL 2018 ISSUE RELEASE: A new issue of Sleep Retailer is out! Read the full magazine digitally here or view fall issue posts at Sleepretailer.com.
- It's that time of year again. Registration for the winter Las Vegas Market 2019 is now open! Go register today.
- Forbes contemplates a peculiar retail role-reversal in this contributed article.
- Malouf's new displays aim to increase accessory sales and save space. Read more about the brand's sleek, vertical racking systems in this story from Sleep Retailer.
- Chron.com is predicting the fall of another major retailer. Find out who in this business segment article.
- Furniture Today's David Perry discusses Ashley Furniture's dramatic bedding price cut in this story and the brand's motivation for the change.
- STORIS recently unveiled a new customer experience management technology. Get the details from Sleep Retailer.
- Gear Patrol introduces a new mattress from Boll and Branch in this article.
- Digital Trends shares its impressions of Sleep Number's 360 p5 and begs the question, 'can it really improve sleep?' in this post.
- Magniflex teamed up with Food For The Poor to send disaster relief supplies to families in North Carolina who continue to be affected by Hurricane Florence. Read more at Sleepretailer.com.
- Are your customers with young babies getting desperate for rest? Mashable compiled a list of baby sleep gadgets to help parents and their babies get some solid shut-eye.
- High Point Market is still accepting donations for hurricane victims. If you're still in North Carolina this week, learn how to participate from Sleep Retailer.
- Over 100 new showrooms debuted at the fall High Point Market. Learn more about the exhibitors from Furniture Today in this article.
- Tempur-Pedic's founder is set to tell his unlikely story of success on NPR's How I Built This podcast on October 22nd. Find out how to download and listen to the episode in this story from Sleep Retailer.
- There's a cannabis brand that's looking to take a slice of the sleep industry pie by helping Americans get naturally better rest. Read more in this article from Forbes.
- Sleepopolis wants to know what's up with celebrity athlete mattress sponsorships in this blog post. We do too!
- Brooklyn Bedding recently launched its eco-friendly Bloom Hyrbrid mattress nationwide. Get the details at Sleepretailer.com.
- The Motley Fool explores the details of Amazon's new, disruptive retail concept in this story.
- Mattress Firm Update: the retail chain has the green light to close select stores and pay its vendors. Learn more in this brief from Retail Dive.
- Adrenaline, a new line of boxed sleep systems, has launched exclusively among 3 retailers. Find out more about the easy-ship family of products and where it's available in this article from Sleep Retailer.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Is it normal to hate cuddling in your sleep? Elite Daily got the official word from an expert in this post.
- Bustle recently curated this list of apps meant to help insomniacs go to sleep.
- The Guardian considers what the best thing to wear to bed for better sleep might be in this life and style story.
- Queen Elizabeth shares her travel necessities - namely what she can't sleep without - in this piece from Travel and Leisure.
- A massive sleep study of 44,000 people is here to end all the debates. INC has the details on how much sleep this new study says we really need.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.