Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- In philanthropic news, PureCare and Sit n' Sleep have teamed up to make significant donations to support the victims of the California fires. We covered the story here at Sleepretailer.com.
- It's that time of year again. Registration for the winter Las Vegas Market 2019 is now open! Go register today.
- Barron's explains why people should be choosy when investing in retail stocks.
- Las Vegas Market recently announced its seminar line-up and Furniture World covered it in this update.
- Malouf is now shipping all of its products to the northeast and midwest regions from its new Ohio warehouse. Read the full story here from Sleep Retailer.
- Furniture Today shares its December 2018 bedding insights here.
- Eclipse International recently expanded its Las Vegas Market showroom. We've got details on the update here at Sleepretailer.com.
- Industry Journal reported on the competitive players in the organic mattress market. Find out which companies they named as top contenders here.
- According to this story from Sleep Retailer, Som Sleep is now available in Gelson's, a California based grocery company.
- California is looking into a program to provide every homeless person with a bed. Get the scoop in this article from the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Nectar is set to open a unique style of store-front at Tyson's Corner in Virginia. Read on here at Sleepretailer.com.
- Pleasant Mattress hired for two new positions to maintain a high-quality customer experience amidst growth. Read on in this article from Sleep Retailer.
- Sleep Country, a Canadian retailer, is set to acquire the bed-in-a-box company, Endy. Read more from the Financial Post.
- Mattress Firm's senior vice president of communications & customer experience, Sunni Goodman, was recently awarded two 2018 Stevie Awards. We covered the story at Sleepretailer.com.
- House Beautiful featured a mid-century modern dog bed in this article and we couldn't help but share. It's adorable.
- In an effort to meet the needs of its customers, Latexco US brought on several new team members. We've got the details at Sleepretailer.com.
- Attributing the chain's problems to a 'breakneck buildout,' Bloomberg examines Mattress Firm's struggles in recent months more closely in this story.
- Jerome's Furniture is now using StaffConnect to streamline internal communications. Learn more in this article from Sleep Retailer.
- Forbes highlights six founders who are reinventing brick and mortar in this post.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Unsurprisingly, you're more likely to fall if you didn't get enough sleep—and this study from Science Daily proves it.
- The New Yorker tackles sleeping and sleeplessness in this story.
- Consumer Reports has ideas on how to watch TV without keeping your bedmate up all night in this article.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.