Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we’re reading this week.
- FALL ISSUE RELEASE // Our winter issue is just around the corner (we can’t even believe it!) but it’s not too late to check out the fall issue of Sleep Retailer. You can read the issue in a PDF format here or as web stories here.
- Barron’s anticipates that the retail revolution isn’t over yet in this article and suggests that Amazon doesn’t have to be the only winner.
- Industry veterans, Mark Kinsley and Mark Quinn, are launching their book on December 8. Learn more about it in this update from Sleep Retailer.
- According to Furniture Today, Americasmart has set its final buying days and educational programming plan for December.
- Hickory Springs and Harrison Spinks US are teaming up to create a new, environmentally sustainable spring system. Read the full story at Sleepretailer.com.
- The RealDeal covered this year’s Black Friday bomb claiming that foot traffic tanked this year, but online sales soared.
- Magniflex designed an exclusive collection for Costco Canada, learn more about the new lineup at Sleepretailer.com.
- Forbes rounded up the best weighted blankets of 2020.
- Lease-to-own financing company, Katapult recently brought on a new chief commercial officer. Read more from Sleep Retailer.
- The Citizenry spotlighted green bedding. Home Textiles Today has the scoop.
- Addressing consumer demand for hybrid mattresses, Southerland added six new models to its Signature Collection. Read the full story from Sleep Retailer.
- NBC News offers a sobering but important reminder that holiday crowds are good for business but not for retail workers.
- Purple donated kids bedding to homeless children and kids in foster care earlier this week for Giving Tuesday. Full update here from Sleepretailer.com.
- For those who want to live on their couch, Fast Company wrote about a “pandemic bed-couch-desk-massager.” Sounds a little sad if you ask us.
- The new Eden brand offers a natural mattress at an affordable price. Get the details from Sleepretailer.com.
- Las Vegas Design Center is holding a webinar tomorrow to highlight 2021 color trends. HFN Digital has the scoop.
- Nationwide Marketing Group is launching new peer groups. Learn more about them and how to participate at Sleepretailer.com.
- According to this press release from Newswire, there’s a new sleep and wellness tracker on the market.
- Corsicana is highlighting its affordable luxury brand, NightsBridge by giving it its own consumer focused website. We wrote about it at Sleep Retailer.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Sleepopolis offers some ways to improve your air quality and sleep better.
- According to Science Daily, gut microbes have a lot to do with healthy sleep.
- The Scientist put out a fascinating infographic that illustrated the technology scientists are using to engineer dreams. Inception, anyone?
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.