Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- The Pillow Bar's Jetsetter Mini pillow made Oprah's 2018 list of favorite things. We covered the story here at Sleepretailer.com
- It's that time of year again. Registration for the winter Las Vegas Market 2019 is now open! Go register today.
- According to the Associated Press, Sleep Number ranks #1 in J.D. Power's 2018 Mattress Satisfaction Report.Read more.
- The Harvard Business review suggests this list of questions that could help retailers develop more effective promotions.
- Bed, Bath and Beyond continues to struggle and the Motley Fool has the scoop.
- In this story, MarketWatch chronicles the recent surge in retail sales and considers the cause.
- Mattress Firm is poised to exit bankruptcy in the next few days. Read the details in this brief from Retail Dive.
- Organized retail crime is on the rise according to this report from Sourcing Journal.
- High Point University students teamed up with the Specialty Sleep Association to research retailer perceptions on consumer knowledge about mattress foundations. We covered the story at Sleep Retailer.
- BEDGEAR recently made four new hires. Find out who they are and what the appointments say about the brand's strategy in this update from Furniture World.
- The Guardian took a look at the dark side of Black Friday by reporting on the long hours, poor pay and anxiety retail workers struggle with in order to facilitate this annual day of massive price-cuts and bulk shopping.
- In this story from CNBC, reporter Kate Rooney writes that Overstock's CEO is planning to sell the retail arm of the company by February and focus the business strategy on crypto-currency instead.
- IMC recently developed a new marketing and digital structure according to this article from Home World Business.
- McRoskey Mattress recently promoted a veteran executive to the new role of VP of sales and marketing. We wrote about it here at SleepRetailer.com.
- There's drama afoot! According to this story from Reuters, a US court has revived the Mattress Firm defamation case against Sleep Number.
- Retail stocks are low, but retail sales are soaring. So what's going on? In this post from Forbes, a contributing writer tries to parse the conundrum.
- Apple Watch is working on more sleep tracking tech in the form of smart bedding. Learn more about the emerging gadget in this story from T3.
- Jermone's Furniture recently named Aireloom its most impactful vendor. We covered the news here at Sleep Retailer.
Science & Fun Stuff
- NPR recently investigated how insurance companies dodge the cost of sleep apnea devices in this story.
- In this nostalgic story, CBS News writes about waterbeds and the a company that's seeking to bring them back!
- According to this study covered by ABC13, women sleep better with a dog by their side.
- We all know that screen time can interfere with our sleep, but this article from Science Daily explains the science behind why and how.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.