Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- FALL ISSUE RELEASE // Have you checked out the fall issue of Sleep Retailer yet? No?!? You can read the issue in a PDF format here or as web stories here.
- According to JD Power's 2020 Mattress Satisfaction report, mattress customers value comfort much more than price when shopping for mattresses. Read more in this article from Sleep Retailer.
- Retail sales have hit a slump and it is raising concerns about the success of the holiday shopping season for sellers. NPR covered October numbers here.
- Researchers finally have enough data to show the value of a flammability standard that was implemented in 2007. Phys.org has the scoop.
- Barron's is more optimistic about holiday shopping and predicts that a surge in retail earnings is around the corner. Read more.
- Archdaily has tips for taking advantage of under bed storage.
- Ron's Home Lumber won Nationwide's store makeover. Learn more about the competition and winner in this story from Sleep Retailer.
- Bloomberg explores how retailers will keep up with holiday demand despite supply chain disruption.
- Forbes rounded up five of the biggest retail trends expected in 2021.
- Retail Innovation Hub talks retail tech and the pandemic in this story.
- The textile show, Showtime is happening in person this year. Learn more about what precautions will be taken from The High Point Enterprise.
- Luuf is partnering with an NFL star to benefit the homeless. Get the details on this special new project at Sleepretailer.com.
- Ulta's shop in shop partnership with Target is expanding and it offers an interesting example of the traffic-driving model. Full article from ADWEEK.
- SheKnows wrote about Martha Stewar's new flannel bedding line.
Science & Fun Stuff
- More and more evidence is emerging that shows that deep sleep can protect against Alzheimer's, NPR reported on it.
- Healthline has advice for all those parents out there whose kids are having issues sleeping.
- Worms show how melatonin promotes sleep. Today UConn wrote about it.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.