Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- Spring Issue Release | Be sure to check out the spring issue of Sleep Retailer before the summer issue comes out! In it you'll find—our cover story, Brooklyn Bedding Can Help You Build Your Brand, a Q&A all about the power of aromatherapy in sleep products, a pillow-oriented product focus and much more. View the issue in digital PDF form here and in web story form here.
- The Wall Street Journal weighs in on Bed, Bath and Beyond's struggles in this story.
- The US responds to mattress dumping allegations with new tariffs. Get the scoop from Benzinga.
- DREEM recently appointed a North American managing director. Learn more in this update from Sleepretailer.com.
- NPR explores what Mexican tariffs might mean for retail in this story.
- Eclipse International recently partnered with a Chinese licensee to expand its presence in China. We covered it in this article from Sleep Retailer.
- In this piece, The Boston Globe contemplates the future of retail and the place for mobile retail spaces within it.
- Learn more about this new Pokemon sleep game from Popular Mechanics.
- Hickory Springs is increasing its foam fabrication production. We wrote about it at Sleepretailer.com.
- According to this brief from Retail Dive, Amazon continues to shrink its retail operations by reportedly weeding out smaller vendors.
- Learn more about Verlo Mattress in this profile from the Chicago Tribune.
- This story from Patch explores how smart beds and sleep apps are raising privacy concerns among Americans.
- CNBC analyzed retail stocks to predict what's next for the retail industry and how consumers could be impacted.
- Art Van Furniture and Tempur-Sealy teamed up to donate mattresses to Michigan flooding victims. At Sleep Retailer, we've got the details.
- It feels like summer, which means the summer Las Vegas Market is coming up soon! Learn more about the events line-up for the show in this article from Casual Living.
- MLILY recently shifted its production to increase its US market share. We wrote about the brand's strategy at Sleepretailer.com.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Is it bad to eat before bed? This article from Women's Health Magazine will tell you!
- Psychology Today thinks through the question: what can intermittent fasting for for you sleep? in this post.
- Travel + Leisure has everything you need to know to get better sleep in hotels in this story.
- According to this piece from Reuters, childhood adversity can impact sleep decades after the fact.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.