Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- Spring Issue Release | Read the spring issue of Sleep Retailer yet before the summer issue comes out! In it you'll find—our cover story, Brooklyn Bedding Can Help You Build Your Brand, a Q&A all about the power of aromatherapy in sleep products, a pillow-oriented product focus and much more. View the issue in digital PDF form here and in web story form here.
- Chain stores are creating their own holidays. Is the trend working? How can you create a successful made-up holiday for your shop? This article from Chain Store Age explores the topic.
- Associated Press News is wondering: are retail jobs in a funk?
- Inverse rounded up some unique sleep solutions in this list.
- Malouf is expanding its container direct programs for retail partners. We wrote about it in this article from Sleep Retailer.
- This list from Fatherly highlights top sleep sprays (sleep spray just means aromatherapy mist, in case you were wondering).
- Dow Polyurethanes has launched its second SleepStudio (the first in North America). Learn more about it at Sleepretailer.com
- Digital Trends wrote about the new Bose sleepbuds.
- PureCare's Elements Sheets won the Women's Choice Award. We've got the details in this update from Sleepretailer.com.
- According to this story from Yahoo, Canadian retailer Sleep Country is teaming up with the Canadian Mental Health Association and Serta to launch Counting Sheep for Mental Wellness, a national mental health awareness campaign.
- HSM is celebrating its 75th anniversary this year with a number of exciting initiatives. Learn more about them in this article from Sleepretailer.com.
Science & Fun Stuff
- The FDA has given Ambien the 'black box label,' its strongest warning. Learn more about what this means from Livescience.
- A new study suggests that losing even 16 minutes of sleep could impact work performance. Full story here from USA Today.
- Refinery 29 chronicles the many benefits of sleeping naked in this list.
- According to this article from the NY Post, one in five Americans would give up sex for good sleep.
- Time investigates: Are sleeping pill safe?
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.