Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- Spring Issue Release | Be sure to check out the spring issue of Sleep Retailer before the summer issue comes out! In it you'll find—our cover story, Brooklyn Bedding Can Help You Build Your Brand, a Q&A all about the power of aromatherapy in sleep products, a pillow-oriented product focus and much more. View the issue in digital PDF form here and in web story form here.
- FFO Home is introducing a store within a store concept. Get the scoop from The News Enterprise.
- We parsed ISPA's latest mattress sales report and shared our take on the numbers in this story from Sleepretailer.com.
- Mattress Firm taps a former media executive for the role of CEO. Learn more in this article from Bisnow.
- Pleasant Mattress will provide new mattresses for the three transitional living homes operated by Fresno-based Centers for Living. We covered it at Sleepretailer.com.
- According to this story from CNBC, Bed Bath & Beyond settled a months-long spat with a trio of activist investors on Wednesday, saying it will nominate four new members to its board.
- We wrote about the power of wellness and why sleep product retailers should be tapping into the rapidly expanding wellness product market. | Sleep Retailer.
- The 2019 World Retail Congress happened recently and Forbes has 10 takeaways for readers.
- Chili Technology recently introduced its new OOLER Sleep System. Get the details from Sleep Retailer.
- The new Pokemon sleep app turns your sleep habits into a game, USA Today has the lowdown.
- Malouf recently moved its bed frame production to North America. We've got the full story at Sleepretailer.com.
- Time digs into everything smart beds can know about users in this article.
Science & Fun Stuff
- According to research explored by the Guardian in this piece, disrupted sleep patterns can lead to deviant behavior.
- Sleepopolis talks Sleep Restriction Therapy in this post.
- A recent study reported on by Reuters shows that seniors who get new lenses implanted during cataract surgery may not only see better but also experience better sleep.
- Medical News Today shared this story about how sleep deprivation can impact and even harm circulation.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.