Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- IMC is launching a new digital experience in place of High Point Market. Read the full story from Sleep Retailer.
- The Real Deal talks about why the days of long-term retail leases are likely over.
- Podium recently rolled out a free starter version of its software to help retailers better streamline communication with consumers. Learn more at Sleepretailer.com.
- CSP Daily surveyed consumers to see how much they fear germs in retail stores.
- Serta Simmons Bedding recently brought Shelley Huff on as CEO of Tuft and Needle and EVP of direct to consumer for the company. | Sleep Retailer
- What's next for Bed, Bath and Beyond? Forbes has the scoop.
- A recent survey from TD Bank revealed both consumer and retailer perspectives on pandemic impact. Full article is available at Sleepretailer.com
- PYMNTS designates a few retail winners amidst the pandemic.
- According to Patch New York, Ikea is donating bedding and toys to families in Queens.
- In this finance story, The Hill talks about the uphill battle retailers will face in getting shoppers back in stores.
- The Retail Touchpoints virtual forum offers a digital space for retailers to develop strategies for safe reopening. | Sleep Retailer.
- Nationwide Marketing Group is launching a series of state specific recovery webinars. We wrote about this resource at Sleepretailer.com.
- House Beautiful has a comprehensive guide to mattress shopping which includes answers to the pivotal question: when should you look for a new mattress?
- Precision Textiles designed and developed a hygienic mattress testing kit. Get the scoop from Sleep Retailer.
- According to this article from Furniture Today, The Company Store is donating $1.2 million in bedding products mask production.
Science & Fun Stuff
- US News reports that there's now strong evidence to suggest that the brain hits replay when we sleep.
- The Atlantic and the Nap Ministry want you to know that you are worthy of sleep.
- Find out how many times the average American hits snooze in the morning. | NY Post
- While many people are struggling with insomnia right now, FitBit data suggests that many people are actually sleeping better during lockdown. | Fast Company
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.