Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- ICYMI: The winter issue of Sleep Retailer came out in January! In it you'll find: an in-depth cover story about Diamond Mattress, insights from industry creatives in our Q&A, a product focus on roll-packed mattresses made in the USA and so much more! Check it out in the form of web stories here and in the digital version of the print issue format here.
- Pleasant Mattress recently shipped its first McRoskey sleep sets from its Fresno facility. Learn more in this story from Sleep Retailer.
- We wrote about the enduring value of brick and mortar retail last week. Read on at Sleepretailer.com.
- West Elm is teaming up with Rent The Runway to offer rental bedding. Learn more from Curbed.
- Ergomotion is upping its investment in Vegas market and leaving High Point. Get the full scoop at Sleepretailer.com.
- According to this story from Digital Commerce 360, US retail sales went up in January.
- We shared our best tips on social media sharing and also introduced some new consumer focused content from Sleep Shopper in this Sleep Retailer original article.
- A recent Forbes contributed story begs the question: are rentals the next frontier for retail?
- Englander announced the retirement of its CEO, Kevin Toman, effective April 1. We covered it at Sleepretailer.com.
- According to this brief from Retail Dive, more than 50% of all US households have Amazon Prime.
- Eclipse International is returning to High Point Market with a new showroom. Get the details from Sleep Retailer.
- In this story, the Guardian ponders the question: why is the sleep industry keeping us up at night?
- The Organic Trade Association recently launched an organic fraud prevention program. Learn more at Sleepretailer.com
- Chron covers NSF's Sleep Show and examines the influence of sleep tech on the industry at large in this article.
- The High Point Market Authority recently announced its musical entertainment lineup for the spring market. Get the scoop from Sleep Retailer.
- Thrive Global outlines the benefits of orthopedic mattresses in this story.
- Spring Air introduced new labels for its revitalized Back Supporter Line. Read more in this article from Sleepretailer.com.
- This piece from Entrepreneur discusses the connection between technology and the future of retail.
- Glossy chronicles how Bloomingdales is using shop-in-shops to test its wider retail strategy in this story.
- Classic Brands will showcase a streamlined, accessories-focused product mix at the New York Home Fashions Market. Learn more from Sleep Retailer.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Check out this infographic story about global sleep habits from Brooklyn Bedding's Plank at Sleepretailer.com.
- Bustle describes the 4 ways that magnesium impacts sleep in this article.
- Taking a bath is a low cost way to relax for bed, but there are even more benefits to taking baths. We wrote about it at Sleepretailer.com.
- Can you learn during your sleep? Livescience explores the topic here.
- Philips Global's sleep survey delivered some intriguing results. We covered it at Sleepretailer.com.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.