Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- Spring Issue Release | The spring issue of Sleep Retailer has arrived. In it you'll find—our cover story, Brooklyn Bedding Can Help You Build You Brand, a Q&A all about the power of aromatherapy in sleep products, a pillow-oriented product focus and much more. View the issue in digital PDF form here and in web story form here.
- Men's Health recently announced its 2019 sleep awards and Malouf and Brooklyn Bedding received mentions among others.
- Magniflex USA is focusing its efforts on its digital marketing strategy to build awareness among American consumers. We wrote about it at Sleepretailer.com.
- Forbes rounded up the best experiential retail activations during SXSW in this list.
- ReST and the Timeshifter app were recognized by the National Sleep Foundation with the SleepTech and SleepTech App Awards. We covered it in this story from Sleepretailer.com.
- NASA wants to people to stay in bed for two months. Find out why in this article from Forbes and this one from Livescience.
- The Motley Fool wonders if activist investors can save Bed, Bath and Beyond in this update.
- More retail chains are going out of business—find out who most recently bit the dust in this retail apocalypse story from NBC News and this one from Vox.
- PERQ Marketing named a new enterprise development director of hoe furnishings. Details available at Sleepretailer.com.
- Canadian retailer, Sleep Country, recently announced the retirement of its board of director's co-chair, Stephen K. Gunn. Get the scoop in this press release from Newswire.ca.
- STORIS is offering third party financing with its new e-commerce platform. Learn more in this story from Sleepretailer.com.
- Three new standalone showrooms have popped up at High Point Market. Bizjournals has more information.
- Customatic has a new solution for retailers: a bed AND an adjustable base in a box. Read the full story from Sleep Retailer.
- According to this article from the Washington Post, retail sales declined in February.
- Leesa is teaming up with B Lab and Be Social Change to host monthly Bedtime Chats. We covered it at Sleepretailer.com
- A report from the Commerce Department this week shows a new milestone for online shopping—it has surpassed brick-and-mortar for the first time ever. CNBC analyzes the data.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Consumer Reports wrote about how blue light affects sleep.
- Your sleep style, based on your zodiac sign. | Refinery 29
- Psychology Today shares new findings about sleep and brain health.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.