Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we’re reading this week.
- Don’t Miss Our Winter Issue: The latest issue of Sleep Retailer hit the streets in January. Read it as web stories here or in the digital issue format (a PDF) here—and, look out for our spring issue which will be published next month.
- WithIt recently held a virtual brunch. Learn more about this most recent event as well as more upcoming opportunities to get involved with the organization at Sleepretailer.com.
- Apple has a new gadget up it sleeve—according to Apple Insider, the tech giant is researching a haptic system for mattresses to help relax and wake users.
- Malouf observed B-Corp month last month with a campaign emphasizing the brand’s philanthropical and green initiatives—all of which contribute to its b-corp status. Get the scoop at Sleepretailer.com
- A new AI sleep aid for kids is blowing up on Indiegogo. Journal Pioneer wrote about it.
- HS Metals recently partnered with Opex. Learn more from Sleep Retailer
- IMC’s April Market Insights webinar it set to focus on 2021 as the “Year of Wellness.” Furniture World has the details.
- LifeTime, a fitness organization and Beautyrest recently partnered to conduct a survey that found that sleep continues to be both aspirational and elusive. Read the survey highlights at Sleepretailer.com.
- AmericasMart is fully embracing hybrid in person and virtual buying events and programming. Read more about the approach from Gifts & Decorative Accessories.
- Rolling Stone rounded up this list of best earbuds for sleep.
- ITA has bought on two new board members. Sleep Retailer has the story.
- Loss Prevention Media talks about the impact of COVID-19 on organized retail crime.
- The recent antidumping decision is polarizing the bedding industry. | Furniture Today
- Is sleep the latest wellness trend? Seems like it! Living Etc. covered the opening of a new sleep retreat in Utah.
- Blu Sleep is expanding its executive team—find out who they’ve added to the team at Sleepretailer.com.
- A new medical mattress sounds the alarm when patients need to be turned around, helping to prevent bedsore. Innovation Origins has the scoop.
- Ghostbed is offering a mattress collection for brick & mortar retailers. | Sleep Retailer
Science & Fun Stuff
- Not only do octopuses have two sleep stages like mammals, but they also change colors while snoozing. Smithsonian Magazine covered the newly released research.
- According to CNN, new findings suggest that luxury bedding harkens back to the Iron Age.
- Shape wonders if you can ever really catch up on sleep.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.