Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we’re reading this week.
- ICYMI: The winter issue of Sleep Retailer came out in January! In it you’ll find: an in-depth cover story about Diamond Mattress, insights from industry creatives in our Q&A, a product focus on roll-packed mattresses made in the USA and so much more! Check it out in the form of web stories here and in the digital version of the print issue format here. Don’t miss our spring issue release next week!
- Wayfair is the latest e-commerce company to go brick-and-mortar. Read up on the company’s new IRL retail locations in this story from Digiday and this one from Fast Company.
- Malouf is set to open a new showroom and introduce new products at the Tupelo Furniture Market this summer. Get the details at Sleepretailer.com.
- Big news from Casper: the company appears to be eyeing an IPO. Get the scoop in this piece from Cheddar, this piece from Bizjournals, and this one from Bloomberg. We also covered it here at Sleepretailer.com.
- Art Van is set to host a pj party for its customers this weekend. Get the scoop at Sleepretailer.com.
- Retailer Sleep Country is partnering with Walmart to release a Canadian boxed bed line. Full story here from Furniture Today.
- Signature Sleep by DHP shared tips for spring cleaning your nursery with us. Read the article at Sleepretailer.com.
- Classic Brands recently named a new CEO. Zipelli named chief innovation officer. At Sleep Retailer, we covered it.
- “In an effort to eliminate the middleman and sell directly to the public, a new Serta wholesaler that opened Friday reportedly allows customers to select and cut their own lengths of mattresses.” | Read more of this satirical article from the Onion.
- We examined Bloomingdale’s The Carousel to offer tips on how to try similar concepts in sleep and mattress shops. Read the full story at Sleepretailer.com
- Reader’s Digest rounded up popular sleep products from Amazon in this list.
- Pleasant Mattress recently sponsored a pillow fight for sleep awareness at Fresno State University. We’ve got the scoop at Sleepretailer.com.
- According to this contributed story from Forbes, personalization is boosting retail sales—read the story for 3 ways to do it right.
- Find out how private label programs are changing the retail game in this article from Sleep Retailer.
- Why won’t anyone buy Bed, Bath and Beyond? CNBC ponders the question in this post.
- Corsicana Mattress is pulling out of High Point in an effort to focus resources on its recently updated Las Vegas Market showroom. We wrote about it at Sleepretailer.com.
- Forbes explores four use cases for AR and VR in retail.
- High Point Market partnered with Crypton to provide an exciting outdoor experience for market goers. Learn more from Sleep Retailer.
- Wired created this list of best AND worst boxed beds on the market.
- Home Furnishings International is forming a new joint venture with a mattress supplier to better serve the sleep industry. Get the story at Sleepretailer.com.
Science & Fun Stuff
- According to this article from House Beautiful, research shows that making your bed in the morning sparks productivity.
- UVA is researching sleep apnea—The San Francisco Chronicle reported on it here.
- How do you get siblings who share a room to get to sleep on time? The New York Times has some ideas.
- Energy drinks used to be the big thing, but with so many new sleep drinks on the market, Men’s Health begs the question, do they work?
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.