Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- WINTER ISSUE: Our winter issue hit the streets in January! It's not too late to check it out digitally here or in the form of web stories here before our spring issue launches next month.| Sleep Retailer
- COVID-19 will upend retail, but Brookings has some ideas about what steps we can take to save it.
- Business of Home has isolated two key COVID-19 consequences and has advice for how to prepare.
- Parade rounded up top cooling mattresses. What do you think of their picks?
- Digital Commerce 360 highlighted a unique apparel retailer that is expanding into bedding.
- Nationwide Marketing Group offers key insights into retail post COVID-19 outbreak through a second set of survey results. We wrote about it at Sleepretailer.com.
- Bed, Bath and Beyond is closing many of its stores but keeping some essential locations open. USA Today has the scoop.
- According to this update from Business of Home, IMC is expanding its digital department with new hires.
- Corsicana recently promoted three employees to sales management roles. Get the scoop at Sleepretailer.com
- US News put out this guide for how to buy a mattress.
- In the midst of crisis, the furniture industry is stepping up. Read more from Sleep Retailer.
- Coindesk has four reasons central banks should launch digital currencies for retail.
- Furniture Today has moved its bedding conference to August.
- Avocado Green Mattress is repurposing its factory to make cotton face masks. Learn more from Sleep Retailer
- Malouf earned multiple graphic designs for its CBD pillow. Full story available at Sleepretailer.com.
- Robb Report wrote about the cultural cache of the mattress.
- Eclipse International is another manufacturer stepping up to make medical masks amidst the shortage. Read the full story from Sleep Retailer.
Science & Fun Stuff
- CNN has tips for how to combat sleep disruptions and carb cravings while you social distance.
- Listen to this conversation from NPR about why sleeping in for your immune system is good.
- Smell helps the brain form memories during sleep. Full article here from Medical News Today.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.