Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- ICYMI: The winter issue of Sleep Retailer came out in January! In it you'll find: an in-depth cover story about Diamond Mattress, insights from industry creatives in our Q&A, a product focus on roll-packed mattresses made in the USA and so much more! Check it out in the form of web stories here and in the digital version of the print issue format here.
- Sleepscore Labs recently validated the effectiveness of the gravity blanket to aid in sleep. Learn more from the Associated Press here.
- Waterbed inventor continues to make a comeback. Business Insider has the story.
- Today debates: Can Night Food ice cream really help you sleep?
- Art Van recently promoted Jeanette McNamara to senior vp of marketing. Get the scoop at Sleepretailer.com.
- Bed Bath and Beyond has started its first private label line. Get the details from Forbes.
- The IMC/Americasmart merger is set to bring new innovations and opportunities to the Atlanta based market. Read the full story from Biz Journals.
- The Sustainable Furnishings Council is set to offer its accreditation course, GREENleaders, at the April High Point Market. Details here from Furniture World.
- According to this article from Forbes, Gravity Blanket is launching a new CBD line.
- Apparently you can now get a murphy bed for your dog! Read on in this story from House Beautiful.
- Malouf recently unveiled its new, automated RSA app that educates customers about the brand's adjustable base product. At Sleep Retailer, we covered the news.
- A new nap bar is opening in Texas. Learn more from Bisnow.
- According to NBC News, meditation and sleep apps have raised hundreds of millions of dollars in venture capital, hinting at the start of a new lifestyle business. Read their investigation of the trend.
- Brooklyn Bedding recently launched a new luxury cooling mattress protector so we wrote about it at Sleepretailer.com.
Science & Fun Stuff
- In this brief from Restaurant Dive, nearly 40% of restaurant and hospitality workers are reported to be sleep deprived.
- The New York Times has insights on how to share a bed with a partner.
- According to this article from Harvard Health Publishing, poor sleep is linked with arterial build-up.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.