Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- According to research conducted by Podium, consumers want (and some expect) companies to continue offering social distancing services like curbside pick-up, contactless payments, text communications and more even after the pandemic. | Sleep Retailer.
- It wouldn't be a holiday weekend without mattress sales. Here's a round-up of some of the promotions going on out there from Glamour.
- Naturepedic celebrated National Safety Month in June by raising awareness for baby crib and child mattress safety. Find out more at Sleepretailer.com
- NRF talks about the disruption of department stores and possible ways forward.
- In order to meet demand, Southerland recently expanded its employee base. We've got the scoop at Sleepretailer.com.
- When it comes to more general retail, the next few months and year will likely lead to many closures. At the helm, Microsoft is shuttering all of its retail stores. | Tech Crunch
- ReST, creator of the ReST Bed recently announced a new partnership with Purple. At Sleep Retailer, we've got the story.
- Apple will soon be launching sleep tracking technology. According to CNBC, the tech company is focused on helping consumers develop and reach sleep goals instead of simply reporting data.
- HSM earned a Greenguard Gold certification for two of its technologies. Learn more at Sleepretailer.com.
- Target is introducing its own line of branded bedding and bath products. Get the scoop from Storebrands.
- Malouf is expanding its distribution network with the addition of a California-based facility. Read more from Sleep Retailer.
- 500+ retailers are utilizing Precision Textiles' hygienic mattress testing kits. Get the full update at Sleepretailer.com.
- PYMNTS evaluates both the challenges and opportunities retailers are facing amid the pandemic in this article.
Science & Fun Stuff
- White noise is your best bet against outside noise, according to Insider.
- Healthline investigates: do people sleep better with a partner?
- Are you cleaning your pet's bedding enough? Ideal Home has tips.
- Listen to this podcast from Harvard Business Review on how the cult of sleep deprivation impacts work and mental health.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.