Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- Reverie bolsters its Sleep Coach program with new content, additional coaches and an enhanced customer experience, yielding positive results at retail. Read the full story from Sleep Retailer.
- Mattress Firm prevails in a trademark dispute with Tempur-Sealy. Get all the details in this article from Chron.
- If you've been following Bed, Bath and Beyond's trajectory, we've got some updates. MarketWatch talks about the retail chain's falling shares and sales in this article and in a story from the Motley Fool, the writer contemplates what the rest of the week holds for the brand.
- Malouf was recently recognized as a Best of State winner in Utah. Read the full coverage from Sleep Retailer.
- Although Amazon is a direct competitor for many retailers, retailers still advertise on Amazon. Read more about the odd phenomenon in this piece from Fast Company.
- The New Yorker chronicles Netflix writer, Grace Edwards' unique retail mattress shopping experience at an appoint-only Midtown sleep shop in this quirky story.
- Signing new domestic licensee, Continental Silverline Products, Spring Air continues to expand throughout the US. Get the full scoop from Sleep Retailer.
- While retail evolves, so does retail real-estate. Read more about all the industry shifts in this article from Forbes.
- Vegan actress Mena Suvari recently spoke out against down products, directly rebuking Bed, Bath and Beyond for stocking them. Read the coverage from Page Six here and Home Textiles Today's take on the issue here.
- Ergomotion is supporting its global expansion with the appointment of a new international sales manager. Check out the full story here from Sleep Retailer.
- Last week, legislation made it possible for states to impose sales tax on products bought online, but Barron's claims that the new laws won't inhibit Amazon shoppers. Read Barron's full analysis here.
- We were sad to hear of the passing of a true industry leader last week. Our thoughts are with the family, friends and colleagues of Earl Kluft. Furniture Today published this commemorative piece earlier this week and will also publish a tribute to Kluft in its July 16th issue.
- Today's consumers live on their phones. We wrote about how brick and mortar stores can use mobile technology to boost sales in this original article from Sleep Retailer
- Eager to really diversify your product offerings? Read up on the new Sleep Bra in this story from the New York Post.
- Malouf's CEO, Sam Malouf, received recognition as a top CEO in 2018 from Glass Door. Get the details from Sleep Retailer.
- According to Business Insider, Leesa Mattress has been practicing social responsibility in a big way. Learn how here.
- In an effort to better serve its customers throughout the Southeast, ELFA International, a mattress ticking, textile design and sourcing company, opened its second domestic warehouse in Western North Carolina. We covered it in a Sleep Retailer web story.
- Robin McCroskey of McCroskey Mattress Co. recently earned the North Bay Women in Business Award. The North Bay Business Journal reported on her achievement.
- In this eye-brow raising story, Forbes contributor, Christopher Walton, likens good retail to vacation sex.
- Eight Sleep recently launched a sleep coach powered by artificial intelligence. Learn more in this piece from Sleep Retailer.
- Purple expands its retail partnership with Mattress Firm. Read the brief from Retail Dive for details.
- In Calgary, Canada, a new eCommerce brand is emerging. Read this interview with the founders of Endy from Troy Media for details on the brand's business model and future plans.
Science & Fun Stuff
- This week's sleep improvement tip: check out the iPhone's Sleep Diary tool. The New York Times digs into the phone's Bedtime feature in this article.
- Ozy questions why U.S. medical students only spend three hours learning about sleep in medical school in this story.
- Nutritionists weigh in on the value of the trendy Som Sleep melatonin drink in this article from ABC News.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.