Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- Classic Brands recently named a director of administration for the brand. We've got the scoop at Sleepretailer.com.
- Wayfair employees recently staged a walk-out in protest of the companies business dealing with Baptist Children’s Family Services (BCFS), a not-for-profit that has been under contract to oversee detained immigrant children since the Obama administration. Read coverage from CNN here and from NY Daily News here.
- Corsicana Mattress is moving full speed ahead! The brand recently opened an innovation center. We wrote about it at Sleepretailer.com.
- According to this article from eMarketer, China is no longer expected to overtake the US in retail sales in 2019.
- Spring Air has a new team member on board—the brand recently hired a director of learning and development. Get the story from Sleep Retailer
- House Beautiful has our favorite story of the week (quite possibly) — it's about a cat that has a custom bed frame and nightstand.
- Malouf is expanding its global manufacturing capabilities in response to tariffs. Full update available from Sleep Retailer.
- According to this story from Business Insider, transit hub retail is doing better than department stores these days.
- This story from a Forbes contributor purports that the so-called retail-pocalypse is more like a renaissance.
- Kathy Ireland is set to headline the Gift for Life fundraiser at the summer Las Vegas market. More information is available from Furniture, Lighting and Decor.
- Showcasing its latest line-up, NCFI is opening its first showroom at the summer Las Vegas market. Read the full story from Sleep Retailer.
- Reverie's CEO was recently featured on a Fox Business Network morning show segment. Get the scoop from Sleep Retailer.
- Good House Keeping explores the benefits of silk pillowcases in this article.
- Shifman recently honored several of its retail partners for their sales successes. Get the scoop at Sleepretailer.com.
- According to this story from Sleep Retailer, Soft-Tex recently signed a partnership with an eCommerce brand.
Science & Fun Stuff
- This article from Bicycling.com, claims that sleeping with the tv on can lead to obesity.
- Should we all be drinking apple cider vinegar before bed? Healthline considers the question here.
- The Atlantic considers how a bad nights sleep birthed the sound conditioner.
- When it comes to sleep, the Irish Times says we need to keep it simple (or we might not sleep at all).
- This report from Science Daily shows that poor sleep can lead to reduced memory performance in older adults.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.