Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- Spring Issue Release | Be sure to check out the spring issue of Sleep Retailer before the summer issue comes out! In it you'll find—our cover story, Brooklyn Bedding Can Help You Build Your Brand, a Q&A all about the power of aromatherapy in sleep products, a pillow-oriented product focus and much more. View the issue in digital PDF form here and in web story form here.
- This article from Inquirer.com explores the commercialization of sleep.
- Tempur-Sealy is going back into Mattress Firm stores (and is expanding its global retail distribution network in general). We wrote about it at Sleepretailer.com.
- May retail sales were up. Learn more in this brief from Retail Dive.
- Help your customers protect their homes from bed bugs—take our advice from first-hand experience in this Sleep Retailer original article.
- International Market Centers is expanding its buyer services. Read more in this story from Home World Business.
"Customer Data Platforms" are a valuable resource for companies looking to take a more targeted approach to marketing, inventory and much more. Learn more in this original article from SleepRetailer.com.
- Withit announces its new executive advisory council. Furniture, Lighting & Decor has the details.
- Tempur Sealy recently announced plans to add roughly 700 new US positions. Find out more in this press release from PR Newswire.
- This article from Chain Store Age contends that retailers may need to experiment to win.
- Sam Malouf of Malouf ranked 12th on Glassdoor's top CEO list. We've covered it at Sleepretailer.com.
Science & Fun Stuff
- According to this article from Earth.com, humans may not need 8 hours but instead might need to sleep more often.
- In this Sleep Retailer original story, we wrote about how sleep trackers can actually cause insomnia.
- This story from Quartz outlines some scientifically proven ways to fall asleep faster.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.