Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- In order to manage the brand's growth, Ergomotion named a new director of supply chain. Get the full story at Sleepretailer.com.
- Colorado has gained a reputation for working hard, playing hard and sleeping hard, and it was recently named the second most well-rested state in the country by Sleep Junkie. See the full analysis from Sleep Junkie's report here or in this article from the Denver Post.
- Supporting its local branch of the Ronald McDonald House charity, Protect-A-Bed donated numerous mattress protectors to keep the mattresses in a home that supports families while their children are hospitalized clean and comfortable. Read more in this article from Sleep Retailer.
- While it's unclear if Apple's new ARKit 2 will be helpful to retailers, there is a chance the technology could enhance in-store shopping experiences. Read more about this new product in this piece from RetailDive.
- In an interesting partnership, Raymour and Flanigan will give anyone who buys a mattress from its shop in the next two weeks a year's supply of Papa John's pizza. Get the full story from Forbes.
- Mattress ticking, textile design and sourcing company, ELFA Intl., is launching its first textile fashions and color directions trend book for fabric buyers. Read more in this piece from Sleep Retailer.
- Abercrombie & Fitch is taking an interesting approach to compete in today's retail market. They've started opening smaller stores. Read more about the thought process behind this new strategy in this story from Business Insider.
- Why isn't the rumored 'retail apocalypse' impacting the hot job market? This piece from Dayton Daily News contemplates the current retail climate and employment.
- King Koil establishes first partnership with a major west coast retailer. Full coverage is available at Sleepretailer.com.
- Real Simple contends that a new luxury pillow collection could make a huge difference in your sleep quality. Check out their picks in this listicle.
- At this summer's Las Vegas Market, the SSA will host a seminar on augmented reality. Learn more in this post from Sleep Retailer.
- Forbes forecasts three retail trends likely to emerge in the second half of 2018. Read more here.
- Sleepare is the latest online bedding brand to open a brick-and-mortar store. Get the scoop from the Bowery Boogie.
- Responsive Surface Technology recently received major capital to support its expansion. The full story is available at Sleepretailer.com.
- Always on the cutting edge, Casper launched a travel friendly nap pillow. AdAge has the details.
- King Koil appoints new sales manager to support its expansion into the Pacific Northwest. This article from Sleep Retailer has the story.
- Tulo made a move to bedding accessories. Furniture Today covers the brand's new products in this article.
- Malouf was named one of Inc. Magazine's best places to work in 2018. We wrote about in this article from Sleep Retailer.
- We wrote about the benefits of offering free returns in this original article from Sleep Retailer.
Science & Fun Stuff
- In another Sleep Retailer original piece, we explored why we need our "beauty sleep."
- The SF Chronicle talked sports and sleep in this article explaining how sleep helps players excel in the NBA finals.
- Researchers studied a jellyfish with no brain to see better understand the nature of sleep. We wrote a Sleep Retailer original story about it.
- Bustle explored the ways that hot weather affects sleep. Read the full story here.
- Some sleep deprived people have better cognitive functioning than others. Science Daily explains why.
- Gizmodo talks about the potential impact of smartphones and video games on teenage mental health in this article.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.