Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we’re reading this week.
- Beautyrest’s sustainable mattress line, Harmony Lux, inspired an ocean life mural inside a retailers showroom—talk about creating an experience. Get the full story from Sleep Retailer.
- The Harvard Business Review weighed in on how the pandemic is rewriting retail rules.
- Malouf recently debuted its new Salt Flat furniture in its High Point showroom. We covered it at Sleepretailer.com
- According to this press release from PR Newswire, Bed, Bath and Beyond is set to hold its first virtual only annual shareholder meeting.
- Southerland selected an industry veteran to be its new EVP of operations. Full scoop at Sleepretailer.com.
- The expansion to Las Vegas market officially received a temporary certificate of occupancy. Read more from Home Accents Today.
- Truelight recently launched a red science-backed sleep light. Learn more about the company and its technology in this press release. | PR Newswire
- Several industry associations are supporting the High Point Market in its choice to re-structure its fall market schedule to accommodate health and safety best practices. Read this article about it from Sleep Retailer.
- The direct-to-consumer focused Idle Group is expanding its portfolio with a new launch as well as a brand acquisition. We wrote about it at Sleepretailer.com.
- The NRF blog explored how Bloomingdale’s is bucking luxury retail trends.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Insider has insights on how to meditate—and get better sleep as a result.
- #TBT: this week we are throwing back to one of our favorite Sleep Retailer science-y stories. In 2018, we wrote about whether or not it’s ok to let furry friends sleep in our beds.
- As stressed as we all are right now, if you’re pregnant and using marijuana, studies show that your usage can heighten your child’s risk for sleep issues. | Science Daily
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.