Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- Check out the NEW SUMMER ISSUE of Sleep Retailer online here for the digital edition and here for the web story versions of each article.
- This article from Axios argues that store closures do not mean that retail is dead.
- Cain Brodie has been promoted the the role of Las Vegas Design Center general manager. Get the full scoop from Home World Business.
- King Koil recently formed a strategic alliance with iOBED. Learn more about the resulting product at Sleepretailer.com.
- INC has a potentially unpopular opinion in this story which argues that Amazon didn't destroy retail and explores why the mega-company quite possibly saved it.
- Malouf recently promoted Eric Holmstead to a new national sales manager role. Read the coverage from Sleep Retailer.
- Artists and researchers from Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT) University have created a virtual reality tool to induce sleep. Engadget has the story.
- Tempur-Pedic unveiled its new smart base at the summer Las Vegas market. Get the scoop at Sleepretailer.com.
- Consumer Reports begs the question: should you get a foam topper for your innerspring mattress?
- HSM recently launched new micro-coil comfort layers. Learn more about the innovation at Sleepretailer.com.
- The Las Vegas Review Journal has an update on the World Market Expo Center's construction progress.
- At the summer Las Vegas Market, E.S. Kluft introduced its new Aspire hybrid collection. We've got all the details at Sleepretailer.com.
- Casual Living covered the inaugural Lean In, Lift Up event—an event which celebrates women in home furnishings and their mentors.
- Talalay Global recently launched a cost-effective top layer. Learn more in this story from Sleep Retailer.
- TRUBlanket wrote about how weighted blankets benefit consumers with insomnia and anxiety. Read the article at Sleepretailer.com
- As stores shutter due to private equity, automation, and increased competition, the most vulnerable employees are at risk. Vox wrote about the bleakest side of retail bankruptcy and layoffs.
- Forbes explores how small format stores are transforming retail.
- Good Housekeeping created this list of best heated mattress pads. Shoutout to Chili Technology's OOLER which was featured.
Science & Fun Stuff
- NPR explored the sleep benefits of a warm bedtime bath in its health section this month.
- Bed bug sniffing dogs might be the secret to clearing an infested home. Get the details from WFLA.com.
- The Sun UK wrote about how people are using baking soda to clean their dirty mattresses. Find out if it works!
- The New York Times wonders if it's time for a sleep divorce in this story.
- According to this article from Yahoo Finance, there's a gender sleep gap and it's worth reading about!
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.