Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- SUMMER ISSUE RELEASE: Bursting with up-to-date information on all the latest mattress collections, sleep products and bedding technologies hitting the market this season our summer issue a must read. Check it out in digital magazine form or as individual web stories now. | Sleep Retailer
- IMC is set to address diversity across the retail and design industries it serves through a series of two webinars scheduled for early August. Get all the details from Home World Business.
- "Many store owners have "abdicated their responsibility" and left it up to rank-and-file workers to enforce mask policies, said Stuart Appelbaum of the retail workers union." Read more in this report from NBC News.
- Our publisher, Chris Schriever, was recently featured on Nationwide Marketing Group's Independent Thinking podcast. Get a sneak peak and listen to the full conversation in this story from Sleepretailer.com.
- According to Benzinga, the Scott Brothers will be participating in Furniture Today's bedding conference this year.
- CNBC rounded up retailers that have filed bankruptcy so far in 2020 in this list.
- A Forbes contributor explores the future of retail based on the ways in which consumer buying. habits have changed in this article.
- In this post from NRF, the organization digs into how COVID-19 is impacting inventory for retailers.
- Building on its emphasis on quality customer support, Spring Air recently hired a new customer service representative. We covered the new appointment in this story from Sleep Retailer.
- Yahoo Finance wrote about a new and very compelling mattress—one that is biodegradable.
- Business Of Home rounded up some of this week's top highlights including collaborations in the home furnishings space and the end of Oprah Magazine.
- IMC will present webinars considering what post-COVID-19 retail might look like. HomeWorld Business has the scoop.
- Malouf recently launched a 3-D virtual showroom tour for retailers unable to attend the summer Las Vegas Market. | Sleep Retailer
- Glossy wonders if open air malls could be the future of retail.
- Congratulations to all the familiar faces recognized in Home Furnishings Business' 40 Under 40.
- Talalay Global has sold substantially all its assets to Artilat. Get the full story from Sleep Retailer.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Health.com did a deep dive into insomnia.
- Harvard Business Review talks sleep and careers—how much is bad sleep hurting yours?
- How often should you change your mattress? Greatist has the answer.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.