Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we’re reading this week.
- The biggest news for us this week? A new issue of Sleep Retailer is hitting the streets! Read the full issue here.
- Retail Dive has some interesting insights into the evolution of the mattress industry and the role of eCommerce in the shifts. Check out the brief here.
- Mike Brown is stepping down from Spring Air. Join the brand and its staff for a celebration at market to commemorate Brown’s career. Sleep Retailer has the full story.
- Are you gearing up for Las Vegas Market next week? Here’s some of the latest news from International Market Centers. TNN announced that the merger between Americasmart and IMC has been finalized and Home World Business reported that the summer Las Vegas Market is seeing increased registrations.
- Gold Bond president, Robert Naboicheck, says that the brand expects a lift in business as a result of the tariffs on Chinese goods. Read the full statement from Sleep Retailer.
- The NRF is launching additional training programs to help fill retail roles. Get the full coverage from WWD.
- In order to support growth, BEDGEAR continues to expand its staff. Sleep Retailer covered the story here.
- The Motley Fool predicts that Home Depot’s new emphasis on decor might end Bed, Bath and Beyond in this piece.
- Marshall Mattress is launching a new foam free collection called the Sleep Maker Harmony. Read the story from Sleep Retailer.
- Forbes has a unique take on the business and “brandscape”of snoozing in this snappy contributor piece.
- Brooklyn Bedding is releasing six new and exciting products at the Las Vegas Market. Read about them in this article from Sleep Retailer.
- DreamCloud holdings adds new products to its family of mattresses. Business Insider has the scoop.
- Colonial LLC’s Mattress Shopper Study reveals key insights into the nature of mattress shopping and the anxiety the process causes consumers. Read the full story in this special feature from Sleep Retailer.
- It’s not news that eCommerce brands are redefining retail, but Tech Republic named the top eight in this story.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Could continuous release melatonin help you sleep? US News-Healthcare contemplates the sleep aid in this article.
- Popular Science isn’t so sure sleep trackers can actually improve your sleep; read their take here.
- INC reports that army us military research revealed some interesting things about coffee and caffeine. Read the full story.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.