Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we’re reading this week.
- Nationwide Marketing Group is offering a free webinar this week. Get all the details you need from Sleep Retailer.
- According to this article from CNN, retail sales have been up for two months in a row, but this article from the New York Times worries that the increase in sales could be fleeting.
- More and more retail chains across the country are requiring masks for entry, ABC News reports on it.
- DC Velocity looks at the state of the supply chain as we hit month four of the pandemic.
- Sleep Country and Malouf team up to bring the brand’s luxurious sleep products to Canada. We covered the story at Sleepretailer.com.
- In an interview with MediaPost, Purple’s founder explains that despite the brand’s best marketing efforts, word of mouth remains the brand’s biggest customer converter.
- High Point Market has opened registration. Read more about the health and safety initiatives in store for the fall market at Sleepretailer.com.
- In 2019, retail shrink totaled nearly 62 billion. Retail Dive has the scoop.
- Eliminating temporary exhibits, International Market Centers is limiting its late summer Las Vegas Market to showroom buying only. Read the full story from the Las Vegas Review Journal.
- Learn more about Las Vegas Market’s first look program webinars from Home World Business.
- Tuft & Needle recently announced a mattress protection plan. Read the press release from Global News Wire.
- The National Retail Federation wrote about curbside pickup—another new retail normal.
- Today rounded up this list of best mattress toppers. Do you sell any of these?
Science & Fun Stuff
- Insider investigates the incredibly rare short sleep syndrome.
- According to the Guardian, children’s sleep is severely affected by coronavirus anxiety.
- Psychology Today can help you determine if you’re in sleep debt and if so, how to dig yourself out.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.