Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- Classic Brands takes an official position on proposed tariffs. Find out what the brand's president and CEO had to say on the issue in this article from Sleep Retailer.
- Looking for a summer gig? Mattress Firm has you covered with its "snoozetern." Get the details from Fortune.
- Malouf will be launching a new campaign to help retailers recognize the signs of child sex trafficking later this month at the summer Las Vegas Market. Read more in this story from Sleep Retailer.
- With all the talk of AI and Big Data in stores, smaller retailers might feel lost in the shuffle. Entrepreneur talks about what indie and small retailers can learn from new retail tech developments in this article.
- Eclipse International is partnering with a Chinese licensee to open over 100 stores in China. Get the full scoop from Sleep Retailer.
- Maine Researchers receive 1 million dollars to work on a new high-tech bedding project. Learn more in this story from mainepublic.org.
- In this story from Sleepopolis, the blog gets political by exploring the mattress recycling landscape in California.
- Spring Air supports brand expansion with a new addition to its customer service team. Read more from Sleep Retailer.
- WeWork, a co-working company, is pursuing a new retail endeavor. Read more about how the brand is using its space to boost business for its members from Entrepreneur.
- Check out the newly refreshed Aireloom website and learn more about E.S. Kluft and Company's choices for the re-design in this story from Sleep Retailer.
- Excited for Las Vegas Market? Us too! Learn more about new education and networking opportunities at the upcoming event in this post from Furniture Today.
- In today's world, helping others is imperative. As a major brand or even a smaller company, there are numerous ways you can give back to your employees, local and global community. Learn three ways to practice corporate responsibility in this original story from Sleep Retailer.
- Marketwatch predicts the retail brands that will be most hurt by Chinese tariffs in this article.
- Read our perspective on the impact of global trade in the bedding industry in this Sleep Retailer original piece.
- Check out this retailer profile of California-based Sit n' Sleep from Retail-Merchandiser.com.
- Soft-Tex International recently enhanced its marketing capabilities with a new photography studio. Learn more about the benefits and value this new solution provides retailers in this story from Sleep Retailer.
- Why do all the boxed bed mattress start-ups have odd names? AZ Big Media speculates about brand name choices in this post.
- Protect-a-Bed refreshes its approach with new hires. Read about all the new PAB recruits in this Sleep Retailer article.
- New DREEM headband could improve your sleep. Read the details from Wired UK.
- Eight enables custom ordering online with its new mattress design studio. Learn how it works at Sleepretailer.com.
Science & Fun Stuff
- According to Business Insider, gender equality could help us sleep at night. Find out why.
- Reader's Digest knows what happens when you sleep on an old mattress. Do you?
- Pink noise: it's like white noise, but maybe better. Read about the research in this article from Sleep Retailer.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.