Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- Ready to shake things up in 2019, Englander recently brought on Mark Kinsley as its new president. Read the full scoop at Sleepretailer.com.
- It's that time of year again. Registration for the winter Las Vegas Market 2019 is now open! Go register today.
- UrgoNight is launching a headband to help you sleep better. Learn more in this update from TechCrunch.
- High Point Market registration is now open. Start planning your spring trip today! Read more in this announcement from Sleep Retailer.
- Digiday took a look at how e-commerce comforter brand, Buffy, is breaking the D2C rules in this story.
- Ron Johnson, the retail exec. behind numerous major retail trends of the past decade, offers his insights into the changing retail landscape in this Q&A with Barron's.
- Classic Brands recently brought on Paris Fealy to serve in its new VP of sales role. Check our coverage at Sleepretailer.com.
- The Spoon highlighted the latest food oriented tech and treats including ice cream that aids in sleep in this round-up.
- Malouf is growing! And to accommodate that growth, the accessories manufacturer expanding its HQ. We've got the details in this story from Sleep Retailer.
- The Harvard Business Review recently put out this timely article which explores the question—how does retail change when algorithms curate everything we buy?
- Las Vegas Market recently announced its 2019 global goodness winners. Furniture Today has the full report.
- Marshall Mattress is introducing an updated pocket coil spring system at the winter Las Vegas Market. Learn more in this article from Sleep Retailer
- Lidl is launching its own bedding line. Get the details from House Beautiful.
- Sleepace is showcasing its comprehensive portfolio of sleep technologies at CES. Read more about its IoT, baby monitoring and elder care solutions plus more in this release from Business Wire.
- Brooklyn Bedding recently launched its Ascension Adjustable Base online. We've got the story at Sleepretailer.com.
- In more sleep technology news, a company called Muse recently unveiled a sleep meditation headband. Read the coverage from Tech Crunch.
- Nest Bedding is launching an Amazon exclusive mattress. Get the scoop in this brief from Retail Dive.
- Corsicana Mattress is redesigning its Las Vegas showroom. Check out this article about it from Sleep Retailer.
- Sleep Score Labs is launching its new Venture Program, an initiative strictly supporting scientific advancements in consumer sleep solutions. Learn more in this press release from Business Wire.
- ReKoop Bedding is now available on Amazon. Get the scoop in this update from Innovation Textiles.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Sleep patterns might offer clues to Alzheimers. Learn more in this story from WebMd.
- In this report, Science Daily explores the many faces of insomnia—because apparently there's more than one.
- BONUS: A little throwback to this fascinating and comprehensive story from National Geographic, which chronicles the fantastic journey our minds embark upon while our bodies sleep.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.