Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we’re reading this week.
- While our winter issue will be hitting the streets very soon, it’s not too late to read the fall issue of Sleep Retailer. Access the issue digitally here or via web stories on Sleepretailer.com here. Happy reading and happy New Year!
- Good News: Holiday retail sales increased this year. RetailDive has details in this brief.
- Ashley’s Angels, a charity organization started by Ashley HomeStore, delivered gifts and holiday cheer to 1,700+ children over the break. Learn more at Sleepretailer.com
- According to this story from The Times UK, Simba is developing a deal to fund global growth.
- Malouf and the Malouf Foundation encourage retails to take the January OnWatch challenge. Get the scoop on what the challenge entails from Sleep Retailer.
- Nanit is expanding its breathing wear line with a sleeping bag. This press release from PR Newswire has the details.
- Kingsdown recently named a new vp of marketing and branding. We’ve got the story at Sleepretailer.com
- PR Newswire shared this release about MajesticBeds new partnership with Make-A-Wish.
- Eclipse is introducing the new Bliss-In-A-Box bed—a boxed mattress featuring Talalay latex. Read the full update at Sleepretailer.com.
- A new research partnership in Scotland aims to reduce bedding and mattress waste. BedTimes wrote about it here.
- A new smart watch from Withing can supposedly detect sleep apnea. We’ll believe it when we see it but TechCrunch wrote about it.
- According to this story from NPR, a mattress store called the police because a woman fell asleep in the store and stayed overnight.
- Serta Simmons enlisted SleepScore Labs to help with a sleep study relating to its iComfort bed. Get the full scoop from Sleep Retailer.
- Barron’s has an update on Bed, Bath and Beyond’s stock.
- Online shoppers see it as the responsibility of retailers to reduce waste stemming from return rates. We wrote about it at Sleepretailer.com.
- According to Furniture Today and Consumer Reports, the Amazon Basics mattress has officially topped the Tempur-pedic Luxe Breeze.
- Bed, Bath and Beyond is launching a national marketing campaign to publicize its bedding and mattress products. Learn more from Sleep Retailer.
Science & Fun Stuff
- House Beautiful recently featured an end table that doubles at a cat bed.
- Mashable has the secret to better sleep: highly rated sleep masks.
- This article from Refinery29 begs the question—is our obsession with sleep negatively impacting the quality of our snoozes?
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.