Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- NEW ISSUE: The winter issue of Sleep Retailer is here! In it you'll find: an in-depth cover story about Diamond Mattress, insights from industry creatives in our Q&A, a product focus on roll-packed mattresses made in the USA and so much more! Check it out in the form of web stories here and in the digital version of the print issue format here.
- The National Sleep Foundation is putting on a major consumer sleep product expo, featuring industry leaders in retail and manufacturing, sleep health experts and sleep tech brands this March. The association recently announced a number of its exhibitors. We covered it in this update from Sleepretailer.com.
- Looking to increase engagement from your millennial employees? This article from Forbes suggests some ways.
- PureCare recently promoted Helena Yates to the role of vp of account development. Learn more in this story from Sleep Retailer.
- Looking to bring ethical products to your store? Business Insider curated this list of ethical clothing and bedding brands to try.
- Paramount Sleep introduced a new collaboration with Lillian August. Learn more in this story from Sleepretailer.com.
- A Forbes contributor wonders if the D2C bedding and mattress business is turning into a bad dream in this opinion piece.
- Eclipse International expands its reach into the NW with a new licensing deal. Get the full scoop from Sleep Retailer.
- USA Today considers why weighted blankets are suddenly so popular in this article.
- The Thread Experiment is teaming up with Noah Waxman to create a new collection this year. Learn more in this story at Sleepretailer.com.
- Casper launched a new sleep product. This time it's not a mattress. Find out more in this story from Fast Company and this story from Tech Crunch.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Scientific American did a deep dive into understanding why we sleep.
- The NY Times shared research into why sleep loss causes us pain.
- In this article from Medical News Today, learn why being rocked to sleep can improve your rest.
- If you are heading back from Las Vegas Market, you've likely accrued some sleep debt. Brooklyn Bedding explores the theory of sleep debt and what to do about it in this story from Sleep Retailer.
- Check out this list of signs that your mattress is shot from Consumer Reports.
- Read Refinery 29's guide to products that will help you achieve your 'dreamiest' sleep.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.