Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- NEW ISSUE ALERT: The latest issue of Sleep Retailer hit the streets today. Read it as web stories here or in the digital issue format (a PDF) here.
- AJC reports that trade shows are attempting to make a comeback in Atlanta despite the surge in COVID cases.
- Serta recently announced a new health and wellness partnership with WW (formerly known as Weight Watchers). Sleep Retailer covered the story.
- Walmart's CEO spoke with Barron's about how the pandemic has changed retail forever.
- Malouf ranked No. 5 on Glassdoor's best places to work list. Read the full update at Sleepretailer.com.
- Numerous retailers including Bed, Bath and Beyond, Kohls and Wayfair are dropping MyPillow, FOX9 reports.
- A Forbes contributor names more ways retail changed in 2021.
- In a smart and safe move, King Koil is offering private open houses at its Arizona Factory. We've got the scoop at Sleepretailer.com.
- According to People, the Furhaven orthopedic sofa pet bed is easy on aging furry friends.
- Reverie ended the year on a very responsible and generous note by donating more than 14 million masks. Read more about the brand's philanthropy from Sleep Retailer.
- Spring Air Northeast is expanding with a new manufacturing facility. We wrote about it at Sleepretailer.com.
- According to Sheila Long O'Mara, a newly minted Furniture Today editor, mattress imports are down 46 percent as the antidumping duties go into effect.
- Nationwide Marketing Group is supporting growth in the luxury appliance category by bringing John O'Halloran to lead. Read the full article at Sleepretailer.com.
- NPR reports that retail spending is dipping for the third straight month.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Melatonin sales are up, but is melatonin really the best way to better sleep? Business Insider wrote about scams, efficacy and how demand for the product is being met.
- Good Housekeeping has tips for determining your best sleep time.
- Apparently, our brains paralyze us when we sleep. Learn more from Science Daily.
- Some light is better for sleep than others, Healthline rounded up a list of best types and colors of light for sleeping.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.