Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we’re reading this week.
- In the most recent episode of The Sleep Retailer Podcast, our team sits down and discusses some highlights of the winter issue. Don’t miss this exciting sneak preview, available at Sleepretailer.com.
- Mattress retailer, Sleep Experts, was recently honored for its outstanding customer service at the 2018 Consumers’ Choice Award Winners’ event. Read the full details in this release from PR Newswire.
- In a recent Sleep Retailer original story, we highlighted some of the numerous sleep tech products showcased at CES 2019.
- IMC is investing significant dollars in market enhancements. Learn about the upcoming updates in this article from Gifts & Decorative Accessories.
- A Kentucky-based mattress retailer is filing bankruptcy. We’ve got details in this article from WKYT, this story from Fortune and this USA Today update.
- 2018 was a big year for Eclipse International. The company signed a record 19 new licensing agreements. We covered it at Sleepretailer.com.
- According to this press release from PR Newswire, Arsenal recently sold Elite Comfort Solutions to Leggett & Platt.
- Interested in the future of retail? Biz Tech Magazine has a solid list of NRF’s hot retail innovations in 2019, while Axios put out a podcast predicting the future of retail for your listening pleasure.
- Diamond Mattress recently appointed a new VP of Marketing. Learn more in this post from Sleep Retailer.
- According to this profile from Parade, an extreme sleep adventurer is crafting stories that aim to improve shut-eye.
- Ikea is releasing a “hackable” bed that’s apparently versatile enough to last a lifetime. Fast Company has the scoop.
- Southerland is poised to launch a new international licensing program at Las Vegas Market. Get the details from Sleep Retailer
- Reese Witherspoon is launching her own bedding line under her Draper James brand in a new partnership with Crate and Barrel. People has the story.
- Spring Air is bolstering its sales management team with a new hire and an inside promotion. Congrats to Warren Coomber and Brian Lundstrom for your new roles. Read more at Sleepretailer.com.
- Parachute, a linen company, is launching a mattress. Check out the story from Forbes.
- According to this article from MarketWatch, the wealthy really value their in-flight sleep accommodations. Find out how much they are willing to spend to sleep peacefully while traveling by air.
- High Point Market is updating its New Product Premier program in prep for the spring market. In this update Sleep Retailer, we chronicle some new features of the program.
- Outside Magazine curated this product list to help its readers build the ultimate outdoor sleep system.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Sleeping pills can cause dozers to sleep through fire alarms. Learn more in this release from Science Daily.
- Reverie offers up its best tips for maintaining healthy sleep even during Las Vegas Market in this advice article from Sleep Retailer
- Reader’s Digest answers your biggest sleep questions in this health and wellness story.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.