Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we’re reading this week.
- While our winter issue will be hitting the streets very soon, it’s not too late to read the fall issue of Sleep Retailer. Access the issue digitally here or via web stories on Sleepretailer.com here. Happy reading and happy New Year!
- Pymnts.com wrote about why retail store associates become even more important as technology advances.
- Diamond is looking to bring retailers higher margins with its copper hybrid beds. Get the full story from Sleep Retailer.
- According to Apartment Therapy, Brooklinen is the latest online bedding brand to open a store—in NYC, no less.
- DUX showed its luxury mattresses and IoT capabilities at CES. Read details from Sleep Retailer.
- The heated bedding market is predicted to explode. The Food & Beverage Herald has the scoop.
- ReST shared its tips for choosing events to help boost your brand in this story from Sleepretailer.com.
- Yun Yun AI Baby Camera and other notable homegrown startups led by Taiwan Tech Arena (TTA) showcased innovative solutions at CES 2020. Read the full press release from PR Newswire.
- Classic Brands is debuting more furniture and to make room, the brand has expanded its showroom. Read all about it in this article from Sleep Retailer.
- Axios covered retail stock slippage following the holiday.
- We love this snarky article from the Guardian which wonders if we will monetize breathing next (since we’ve already monetized sleep).
- As a the new year begins and so much continues to change and evolve in retail, we wrote a little bit about how retailers can plan for a successful future at Sleepretailer.com.
- Customatic is set to show quite a variety of products in Las Vegas. Read this round-up from Sleep Retailer to learn more.
- Accenture thinks it’s time to start maximizing AI technology in retail. WWD has the story.
- According to this update from Home Textiles Today, West Elm is staking out a leadership position in the growing hemp bedding market.
- Magniflex’s Magnistretch Collection has been gaining traction so the brand is releasing a new model. More information here at Sleepretailer.com.
- Vox wonders why brands are so obsessed with marketing coziness right now.
- Tempur-Sealy says, “We have never discussed purchasing Casper.” Get the full scoop from Sleep Retailer.
- Withit has opened nominations for the 2020 Wow Awards. | Furniture Today
- Soft-Tex announced some new hires that will support the brand’s growth and expansion this year. We wrote about it at Sleepretailer.com.
- Motley Fool has an update on Bed, Bath and Beyond’s stock.
- MRC’s mattress recycling program recently surpassed 5 million recycled mattresses in California. | Sleep Retailer
- Oh great, Washington, DC surpassed Baltimore as the top bed bug city in 2020! Full press release here from PR Newswire.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Time wants us to forget everything we know about blue light and sleep.
- According to this article from WebMD, slimming down on tongue fat can help ease sleep apnea.
- Walking supports wellness. Find out how in this story from Sleepretailer.com.
- According to Sleep Review Magazine, adults report sleeping more in the winter.
- Psychology Today rounded up 11 things that can interfere with your sleep.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.