Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- ICYMI: The winter issue of Sleep Retailer came out in January! In it you'll find: an in-depth cover story about Diamond Mattress, insights from industry creatives in our Q&A, a product focus on roll-packed mattresses made in the USA and so much more! Check it out in the form of web stories here and in the digital version of the print issue format here.
- While retail reports indicate that sales were down in December, this article from Bloomberg shows that Walmart is among the companies that came out on top this holiday season.
- Looking for a plus-sized solution for plus-sized sleepers? Brooklyn Bedding has you covered with its new Titan mattress. We wrote about it at Sleepretailer.com.
- Ford is using automotive technology to stifle bed hogs in a new prototype. Get the full story about the company's foray into sleep products from House Beautiful here and Fortune here.
- High Point Market is expanding its Style Spotter Trend Tours programming at the spring market. We've got the details at Sleepretailer.com.
- According to this story from Dispatch.com, CVB is recalling Lucid folding mattress sofas.
- Therapedic's latest products were received well at the Las Vegas Market. Read up on the full selection in this round-up at Sleepretailer.com.
- Is your pet getting older? You can now purchase steps to help he or she get into bed. LAD Bible has details here.
- Symbol recently named its first President's Circle Awards winners. Read who received recognition and learn more about the program in this story from Sleep Retailer.
- Retail sales were down this December. We pulled quite a few articles that report on the holiday season's sales shortcomings: read about it here from Small Biz Trends, here from Bisnow, here from CNBC and here from MarketWatch.
- Reverie recently promoted Nick Colello to director of sales training. Get the full update from Sleepretailer.com.
- ISPA recently reported that domestic bedding units are down. Read more in this article from Furniture Today.
- According to this story from Kesq.com, there's a portable robot that can sanitize your hotel sheets. Sounds like a must-have for frequent flyers!
- Classic Brands recently introduced a new innovation in mattress packaging – a reusable duffel in which the mattress is shipped, instead of a cardboard box. We wrote about the new development at Sleepretailer.com
- Spring Air is bringing back the bear. Read more about the re-emergence of the love-able character in this marketing update from Sleep Retailer.
- This eco-tip from VC Star (from USA Today) suggests that consumers can take a new approach to waste prevention by looking for more durable mattresses.
- Southerland recently named an industry veteran EVP of Sales. Get the scoop in this update from Sleep Retailer.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Forbes offers this list of things successful entrepreneurs do before bed to help you kick off your sleep routine right.
- According to this story from Parkinson News Today, sleep loss could be linked with Parkinson's.
- Reader's Digest rounded up this directory of the best sleep doctors in every state.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.