Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- NEW ISSUE: The winter issue of Sleep Retailer is here! In it you'll find: an in-depth cover story about Diamond Mattress, insights from industry creatives in our Q&A, a product focus on roll-packed mattresses made in the USA and so much more! Check it out in the form of web stories here and in the digital version of the print issue format here.
- Retail Dive rounded up a running list of 2019 bankruptcy victims.
- The National Sleep Foundation is putting on a major consumer sleep product expo, featuring industry leaders in retail and manufacturing, sleep health experts and sleep tech brands this March. The association recently announced a number of its exhibitors. We covered it in this update from Sleepretailer.com.
- How much is the sleep tracking industry worth for tech companies? iNews UK explores the question in this story.
- At the winter Las Vegas Market, the Malouf Foundation released its OnWatch Toolkit. Learn more at Sleepretailer.com.
- Forbes compares a whole bunch of online mattresses in this article. We can't keep them all straight, but maybe you can?
- In a Forbes contributor post, Matteo Franceschetti, the CEO and co-founder of Eight Sleep, considers why Apple is getting into the sleep biz.
- Coaster Company of America is launching a new brand identity and sub-brands. Learn more in this update from Sleep Retailer
- Wright Global Graphics unveiled several new and innovative mattress branding solutions at the winter Las Vegas Market. Read the coverage from Sleep Retailer.
- Allswell is showcasing its hybrid mattress in a luxury tiny home. Get the full scoop from Forbes.
- Malouf was recently named number 3 on Entrepreneur Magazine's 2018 Entrepreneur360 list. We wrote about it at Sleepretailer.com.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Researchers showed that we can acquire the vocabulary of a new language during distinct phases of slow-wave sleep and that the sleep-learned vocabulary could be retrieved unconsciously following waking. Learn why and how in this release from Science Daily.
- Self offered up 7 tips for sleeping comfortably while pregnant.
- Still recovering from Las Vegas Market? You've probably accrued some sleep debt. Brooklyn Bedding explores the theory of sleep debt and what to do about it in this story from Sleep Retailer.
- Most children in the US are not getting enough sleep or exercise and spend too much time looking at screens. Are you surprised? Get the details from Reuters.
- According to this article from NPR, scientists have found a protein that puts flies to sleep and fights infection.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.