Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we’re reading this week.
- FALL ISSUE RELEASE // Our winter issue is just around the corner (we can’t even believe it!) but it’s not too late to check out the fall issue of Sleep Retailer. You can read the issue in a PDF format here or as web stories here.
- The perfect bed for cat parents is here. Read about it at KSHB.com.
- WWD reports that retail jobs sunk in November.
- On a more positive note, Retail Dive suggests that while consumers may buy less this holiday season, retailers could potentially make more.
- A Forbes contributor wrote about how retailers are approaching the store as a curated showcase—without an overwhelming amount of options, just a sampling, purchasing decisions become easier.
- It’s that time of year again: Malouf has released its annual holiday video. Despite the pandemic, the brand was able to safely produce another heartwarming holiday greeting for your enjoyment. Check out the details from Sleep Retailer.
- Travel+Leisure is raving about Brooklinen’s limited edition cashmere sheet bundle.
- Eclipse International is forming a joint-venture with Millbrook Beds. Get the full story at Sleepretailer.com.
- IMC is realigning its marketing team. Furniture Today covered it.
- High Point Market Authority has released its annual style report complete with 19 trends for winter and spring. Learn more at Sleepretailer.com.
- Soft-Tex is rolling out new antimicrobial and allergen blocking sleep product collections. Read the full press release from PR Newswire.
- Vox recently published this scathing article on how retailers collect information and invade consumer privacy with coupons.
- Check out our by the numbers recap of Nationwide Marketing Group’s Virtual PrimeTime event at Sleepretailer.com.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Oversleeping can impact us in interesting ways (just as much as undersleeping can). Men’s Journal explored what happens when you sleep too much.
- Believe it or not, but a lack of sleep can impact artificial intelligence. Scientific American explains.
- The Atlantic contemplates the age old question: is it okay to let my dog sleep in my bed.
- US News links sleep apnea to COVID risk.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.