Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- Have you read the fall issue of Sleep Retailer yet? It's not too late! Access the issue digitally here or via web stories on Sleepretailer.com here. Happy reading!
- In recent Bed, Bath and Beyond news, the new CEO conducted a recent slew of lay-offs. Learn more from CNN.
- According to this article from Yahoo Finance, Splitit recently announced an update on its global operations, including Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales trading, new strategic partnerships and new merchant agreements.
- Forbes wonders if there could be a retail nightmare before Christmas.
- Delilah Home launched a hemp-made bedding collection. Get the details from Home Textiles Today.
- Are you ready to get into the holiday spirit? Malouf's humorous new holiday video is sure to do the trick. Sleep Retailer.
- Bed, Bath and Beyond's stock has risen. Motley Fool has insights.
- Brooklyn Bedding has officially joined the weighted blanket craze with its own Dual Therapy weight blanket product. We have the full scoop at Sleepretailer.com.
- Forbes rounded up the top 5 retail news stories of the year—check it out here.
- One NYC hotel is now offering a room featuring a $200,000 mattress. House Beautiful has the details.
- Serta Simmons disagrees with its SP credit rating downgrade. We smell drama! Our hope would be that they can pull themselves out of the "very high-credit risk category" in the coming year. Read all about it from Furniture Today.
- According to Architectural Digest, mattress imports from China continue to decline.
- USA Today rounded up perfect gifts for the person in your life who cherishes sleep. Do you sell any of these great gifts in your store?
- Latexco is making a new SNO foam for high-end bedding. Learn more about the properties of the new material from Sleepretailer.com.
- Mic shared a social history of beds.
- In time for the holidays, Ashley Furniture recently hosted a wreath laying ceremony. Full details are available at Sleepretailer.com.
- On the bleaker note, Retail Dive rounded up "retailers edging toward the brink" and offered a rating system for failing retail companies.
- As the mattress industry continues to get more competitive, Serta Simmons is revamping its ad strategy. Digiday has the story.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Sleeping too much could raise your risk of stroke. WebMD has the story.
- According to CNet, night mode might be worse for your sleep pattern.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.