Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- Reverie makes its award winning marketing collateral available to retail partners through a special portal. Learn more about the program in this story from Sleep Retailer.
- In this detailed article about the furniture industry, Curbed explores how material sourcing can significantly impact product design in the context of Trump's proposed tariffs.
- Talalay Global recently brought on a new VP of marketing. Read more about the new hire in this post from Sleep Retailer.
- Digiday discusses how eCommerce retailers are using mall spaces to test products. Read the full story here.
- BEDGEAR sleep products are now available via the wedding registry, Zola. Get the scoop from Sleep Retailer.
- Brooklyn Bedding is currently offering sleep bundles that pair their products across segments and package them specifically for k-12 as well as college students. Read our coverage at Sleepretailer.com.
- While Mattress Firm explores bankruptcy, Casper expands its brick and mortar locations. We've got lots of scoop on this story here from CNBC, in this piece from Forbes, in this article from USA Today and finally, in this update from Fast Company.
- In this Forbes contributor post, the writer hypothesizes why Amazon and its rivals are uniting to protect the US Postal Service
- According to research from PERQ, home furnishings websites (including mattress sites) are not effectively engaging customers. Get the full scoop from Sleep Retailer.
- E.S. Kluft adds regional account managers to its team to spur growth. Read the story at Sleepretailer.com.
- Globe St. contemplates the real estate value of former big-box retail spaces in this piece.
- The United Way honored the Malouf Foundation's founders, Sam and Kacie Malouf, earlier this summer for their continuous charitable efforts. Read the full web story at Sleepretailer.com.
- Forbes Coaches Council gives tips on creating an omni-channel retail strategy in this piece.
- Owen Shoemaker is retiring from King Koil this summer. Read more in this article from Sleep Retailer.
- High Point Market is hosting a twitter chat and more in prep for the fall market. Get the details from Sleep Retailer.
- Is there a secret battle of the bedding banners at the Las Vegas Market? Furniture Today sure thinks so and they've even declared a winner in this blog post.
- Ergomotion named its first leader of organizational development. Read more about the new appointment from Sleep Retailer.
- Tempur-Sealy is set to shut down its St. Paul mattress plant. Read the full story from the Star Tribune.
- Summer hires are rampant in the sleep industry! Southerland recently brought on a new operations executive to manage its Nashville based factory. Read more from Sleep Retailer.
- Princess Cruises launched a luxury bed in Singapore. Cruise Industry News covered the story.
- Classic Brands recently hired its first EVP of merchandising and product development - details here from Sleep Retailer.
- Do your kids listen to you when you tell them it's time for bed? No? Disney now has a sleep hotline so Mickey can tell your kids to go to bed... and you don't have to! Full story here from USA Today.
- E.S. Kluft promoted two of its employees to leadership roles. Read more about the advancements from Sleep Retailer.
- Reverie recently brought on a social media community manager. Read more about the role and how it will support the brand at Sleepretailer.com.
Science & Fun Stuff
- According to a study from Science Daily, our learning capabilities are limited during slow wave sleep.
- Did you know sleep has an impact on our relationships? Time has the story.
- In a recent Science Daily report, it was discovered that broadband internet can cause sleep deprivation.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.