Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- We covered the merging of Tuft & Needle and Serta Simmons as well as a new partnership between Talalay Global and Eclipse International. Read our thoughts on what these two scenarios might mean for the industry in this original story from Sleep Retailer.
- Canadian mattress retailer, Sleep Country, continues expansion of its new location. Read more from Business Insider.
- CKI Solutions recently brought on a new operations manager. Read the details at Sleepretailer.com.
- A Forbes contributing author contends that store traffic is not enough in today's omni-channel retail market.
- Dreamcloud, another bed-in-a-box brand by the co-founders of Nectar, is targeting the luxury buyer. Read how in this article from Retail Touch Points.
- Gold Bond hired a former retail executive to manage key accounts. Get the details from Sleep Retailer.
- In an interesting new retail approach, one Brooklyn location brought together a collection of brands to create a unique brick-and-mortar experience. Get the scoop from CNBC.
- Parents are calling on sleep coaches to help their babies sleep. Read the details on this odd phenomenon from the Wall Street Journal.
- Did you know that iPhone cameras can now pick up on QR codes, no app required? We wrote about how retailers might use the updated technology to engage and inform consumers at Sleepretailer.com.
- Tom Brady is now endorsing a new mattress brand. His contract with Serta Simmons Bedding ended this year - learn which mattress the football star likes now in this story from Bloomberg and in this one from Fortune.
- CityLab explores our new obsession with mattresses calling America a nation of mattress stores in this piece.
- The Malouf Foundation raised 100k to fight child sex-trafficking. Read how in this article from Sleep Retailer.
- Forget sleep coaching, Romper reports that this specific lamp might be the secret to getting baby to bed!
- E.S. Kluft brought on a new quality control professional to manage its flagship factory. Read the full story from Sleep Retailer.
- Casper doesn't just want to disrupt the mattress industry. The direct to consumer company is now selling furniture. Read about the brand's expanded product portfolio in this update from Curbed.
- Business Insider talks about the shifting consumer perspective on retail apps and the implications for businesses in this article.
- Protect-a-Bed's new racking system will be on display at the New York Home Fashions Market next month. Get the scoop from Sleep Retailer.
- Want to rent a nap pod? You can. Read more from the Big Think.
- Retail stocks are on the rise. The Wall Street Journal claims that strong consumption is a contributing factor. Read the full analysis.
- Planning to attend High Point Market in October? The keynote speakers have been announced. Read the full line-up at Sleepretailer.com.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Can reading really help you sleep? We talked about the oldest sleep aid in the book in this story from Sleep Retailer. Bonus: we shared some sleepy literary recommendations too!
- The amount of sleep you achieve impacts your heart health. Learn more about how in this article from WebMD.
- The New York Times recently published this story about how night owls might be onto something.
- Read these tips for insomniacs from Vox.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.