Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we’re reading this week.
- Check out the NEW SUMMER ISSUE of Sleep Retailer online here for the digital edition and here for the web story versions of each article.
- Expo at World Market Center is set to open next June. Get the scoop from HFN.
- Read the most recent Bed, Bath and Beyond speculation from CNBC.
- Much to our surprise, Serta relaunched its iComfort series at market. We wrote about it at Sleepretailer.com.
- Sleep Country and Walmart are partnering to create a new pop-up. Learn more in this story from Yahoo Finance.
- The Flex Group has a new board of advisors. Learn more about them in this article from Sleep Retailer.
- Ikea teamed up with Nat Geo to create a clever documentary about endangered sleep. Marketing Dive has the full details.
- High Point Market’s pre-market committee recently announced the fall event lineup. Read more at Sleepretailer.com.
- Read this Tariff update from CNBC.
- Google Fit is now offering sleep insights and running route maps. CNET covered the new advances.
- According to this article from a Forbes contributor, retailers need to engage shoppers five senses to save physical retail. We think they might be onto something.
- Classic Brands unveiled a new Urban Loft Pillow lineup at summer market. Read the article on the new accessories from Sleep Retailer.
- RIP Ann Gish! Architectural Digest shared this “in memoriam” of the luxury bedding pioneer. Our hearts go out to her family and all who knew her.
- High Point Market Authority and the City of High Point recently recognized a green showroom. Find out which at Sleepretailer.com
- According to ISPA, domestic mattress units fell 10.5% in Q 2. | Furniture Today
- Eclipse is celebrating 20 years under the leadership of Stuart Carlitz and Gerald Gershaw. Read all about the company’s growth in this story from Sleep Retailer.
- This company loves a good pun (and maybe a bad one too). Sheets and Giggles recently announced 1.3 M in funding to produce “bedder” bedding. Press release from Businesswire.
- High Point Market opened registration for its 4th annual hospitality at market event. Learn more from Sleep Retailer.
- Barney’s is filing for bankruptcy. CNBC has the scoop.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Drinking coffee before bed might not be that bad for you, find out what substance is worse for you in this story from MarketWatch.
- High School naps could enhance learning. Read more on the topic from Edweek.
- The Washington Post has tips on creating a sleep friendly bedroom.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.