Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- Have you checked our Trends From Market yet? We wrote about trends we saw at the summer market from brands like Blu Sleep, Malouf, Brooklyn Bedding, Kingsdown, Spring Air, Therapedic and more.
- Google is set to open its first retail store. Get the full story from AJC.
- While it might not impact mattress retailers, it could impact sleep accessories sellers; regardless it's an interesting time in retail with the advent of cashier-free retail stores. More here from Wired.
- Serta Simmons Bedding (SSB) recently named its chief sales officer. We covered the news at Sleepretailer.com.
- More on the impact of the eCommerce sales tax ruling on e-tail logistics from Forbes Community Voice, Jake Rheude, the VP of an online retail fulfillment company.
- Sleep has officially gone mainstream: Arianna Huffington and Elon Musk are publicly arguing about it. Get the story from Huffington Post.
- The Hollywood Reporter wrote that 29Rooms bedding might be on the horizon. We are ready!
- At the summer Las Vegas Market, the Malouf Foundation launched its new OnWatch campaign. Sleep Retailer has the details on this important initiative and how retailers can get involved.
- Nordstrom sales soar, proving retail is far from dead. Read more from USA Today.
- Check out the Manta black out sleep mask. Story from Mashable.
- Nasdaq reports strong retail sector performance, while Forbes talks retail trends now and what they say about American shoppers.
- Business Insider highlighted one of the trends we wrote about earlier this month in this list of best adjustable bases. Reverie made the list.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Poor sleep can lead to loneliness. Read more in this article from Live Science and this release from Science Daily.
- Check out this handy guide for differentiating bed bug bits from mosquito bites from This Is Insider.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.