Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we’re reading this week.
- Check out the NEW SUMMER ISSUE of Sleep Retailer online here for the digital edition and here for the web story versions of each article.
- US retail sales are up, according to this story from ABC News, which sees increased spending as a sign of consumer optimism.
- Brooklyn Bedding recently launched a new eco-friendly hybrid. We’ve got the scoop at Sleepretailer.com.
- According to a survey explored in a Furniture Today piece, 44% of retailers are unsure about carrying online mattress brands in their stores.
- In Colorado, an outdoor movie night quickly turned into the flight of the air mattresses. Time has the details (and a video).
- Malouf is expanding its legal team by bringing a chief legal officer on board. Get the scoop from Sleep Retailer.
- Sleep is a movement now and hospitality brands are in on it. Find out why at Skift.com.
- A company called Burrow offers a sleep kit to make couches more comfortable for your guests. Business Insider wrote about it here.
- Corsicana is launching a mattress topper with micro coils. We’ve got the details at Sleepretailer.com.
- Yahoo Finance has an update on Bed, Bath and Beyond shares.
- STORIS is partnering with Emkat to help streamline warehouse operations. We wrote about it at Sleepretailer.com
- Business Insider rounded up great products to help you and your customers sleep on planes.
- The Washington Post contemplated what would happen to retail in a recession.
- ZedBed is launching a new copper infused mattress line. Learn more in this article from Sleep Retailer.
- Tempur-Sealy is forming a new strategic partnership. Get the details in this story from Yahoo Finance.
- Forbes wrote about retail rentals and the latest brand to join the trend. How would this work in the sleep industry? Could it?
- HSM is celebrating 75 years with a website that chronicles its history and more. We’ve got the scoop on the celebration at Sleepretailer.com.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Americans are obsessed with sleep. PR Newswire has the press release that covers a new survey from Zinus.
- Harvard Health explores the question: can I change my sleep wake habits?
- Discover Magazine wrote about the science behind sleeping pills.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.