Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- Have you checked our Trends From Market yet? We wrote about trends we saw at the summer market from brands like Blu Sleep, Malouf, Brooklyn Bedding, Kingsdown, Spring Air, Therapedic and more.
- CNBC reports rising retail sales in July 2018 in this encouraging article.
- Beautyrest kicks off its "Be More Awake" campaign by sponsoring more SLEEP performances. We covered it over at Sleepretailer.com.
- Marketplace.org suggests a "retail renaissance" might be upon us in this story. Retail apocalypse no more?
- BedTimes announced that Croft Bedding has set up shop in Joplin, Missouri.
- Therapedic's president and CEO, Gerry Borreggine, reflects on the reception of the brand's American Glory collection at summer market in this recap from Sleep Retailer.
- Sleep Number launched an NYC storefront and Adweek wrote about it in this story discussing the brand's focus on tech-lovers and aim to compete with startups.
- Beautyrest continues its partnership with sleep expert, Dr. Robbins. We covered the story at Sleepretailer.com.
- Want linen bedding? Brit.co curated some options in this listicle.
- The NY Times also covered July retail sales numbers and outlook in this article.
- Furniture Today has the low-down on the bedding sector's summer market experience here.
- More on the evolution of co-working space and retail combo in this story from Forbes.
- Check out this retail stock update from Barron's.
- The Washington Post investigates the shifting nature of mattress purchasing in this story from the business section.
- David Long joins King Koil in the role of EVP of innovation and marketing. Read on at Sleepretailer.com.
- Home Textiles Today writes about Peter Reed's new bedding line at Harrod's (just across the pond) in this article.
Science & Fun Stuff
- Sleep AND video games? The Verge tells the interesting story of a gamified selfcare app by the creators of Assassin's Creed.
- NY Times explores the correlation between college success and sleep in this article.
- Tree Hugger talks about why you shouldn't eat in bed in this post.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.