Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we’re reading this week.
- SUMMER ISSUE RELEASE: Bursting with up-to-date information on all the latest mattress collections, sleep products and bedding technologies hitting the market this season our summer issue a must read. Check it out in digital magazine form or as individual web stories now. | Sleep Retailer
- Furniture World reports that WithIt recently launched an enhanced career center.
- Entrepreneur offers five ways retailers can pivot toward profitability despite the pandemic. Maybe Casper should give Entrepreneur a call?
- E.S. Kluft and Marshall Mattress merge operations to strengthen business. Get the full scoop at Sleepretailer.com.
- USA Today shares the most popular mattresses for its audience in this list.
- According to this article from Forbes, Wayfair made S&P’s global shortlist of potential retail defaulters.
- Nestl Bedding, a soft-goods company, is launching a new luxury, tri-blend duvet cover set. Home Accents Today has the story.
- CNN rounded up retail bankruptcies from August and the Daily Beat NY published a similar list of “retail carnage” here.
- Furniture Today reports that domestic bedding manufacturers are already seeing positives resulting from the antidumping push.
- Stash Home is closing its doors. We’ve got the full update at Sleepretailer.com.
- GlobeSt.com explains why rent deferral is not the way to save retail while the Wall Street Journal recaps a recent surge in retail evictions.
- In this roundup from Business of Home, Amazon drones are set to take flight and Hearst has inked a new bedding partnership.
- IMC has announced its virtual programming for the 2020 fall High Point Market. | Furniture Lighting & Decor
- In a new press release from PR Newswire, Airweave claims that its innovative mattress toppers can improve athletic performance.
- Naturepedic is raising awareness of the connection between chemicals in mattress materials and cancer. Learn more about the brand’s latest initiatives from Sleep Retailer.
- According to CNBC, Macy’s CEO is watching companies like Nordstrom and Nieman’s close stores and is seeing the possibility to corner luxury retail.
- Bed, Bath and Beyond is still fighting! Learn about the retailer’s latest move to get back on track in this press release. | PR Newswire
Science & Fun Stuff
- Psychology Today explores the social nature of sleep.
- Medical.net wrote about a new study showing that sleep loss can lead to anger.
- WTOP wonders: can exercising before bed affect sleep?
- With the help of physician’s input, Medical News Today seeks to determine what causes racial disparities in sleep.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.