Receive news direct to your inbox every week, subscribe to Snooze News Weekly.
Each week, we find, curate and share the most relevant bedding and mattress news stories from across the web. Check out what we're reading this week.
- Beautyrest's latest campaign urges consumers to be more awake and reflect on the impact a good night's sleep has on their every day lives. Read more at Sleepretailer.com.
- Learn more about Sleep Country Canada's stock in this article from Simply Wall Street.
- There was so much buzz about thieving airline passengers this week. We've got the story of how travelers keep stealing luxury blankets on planes from a whole host of sources: Travel Weekly's take is here, The Daily Telegraph's scoop is here and finally, we've got Travel+Leisure's perspective here.
- College kids are losing sleep! Gold Bond sees an increased demand for bedding and mattresses from schools and universities. Check out the coverage from Sleep Retailer.
- The Economic Times explains how to choose your bed linens in this quick read.
- Mattress brand, Posh+Lavish, showcases the philanthropic triumphs of its retailers with plaques to celebrate the 100+ surgeries they were able to finance through CURE International. Sleep Retailer has the scoop.
- Diamond Mattress supports steady growth by promoting two employees to new VP positions. The full story is available at Sleepretailer.com.
- Asian sleep products brand, Kingaru, delivers an augmented reality experience to help shoppers make purchasing decisions. Retail News Asia covered the story here.
- Exciting news for Sterling Sleep Systems: the brand was recently named an approved Best Western vendor. Read more from Sleep Retailer.
- Conde Nast Traveler contemplates how hotels change the way we sleep in this thought-provoking piece.
- Las Vegas Market launched a new site for this summer's event. Read the coverage from Home World Business here and from Home Accents Today here.
- Customatic, formerly known as Customatic Adjustable Bedz, updated its name to Customatic Technologies in order to better represent its range of product offerings. We wrote all about it in this article from Sleepretailer.com.
- To better support its west coast retail partners, Classic Brands is opening a new factory and warehouse in California. Sleep Retailer covers the story here.
- Serta Hospitality launches a new Perfect Sleeper lineup. Read the full press release from Cision PR Web.
- STORIS and Brandsource announce a new partnership. Read the details of the collaboration in this article from Sleep Retailer.
Science & Fun Stuff
- BBC News asks and answers the question: "can a full moon really affect your sleep?" in this article.
- Insider writes about how you can tell you're sleeping enough in this piece. On the flip side, Fast Company gives 5 reasons you aren't getting enough sleep here.
- The Better Sleep Council ushers in Better Sleep Month by sharing survey data comparing male and female sleep habits. Sleep Retailer breaks down the data here.
- Learn about the new sleep retreat craze in this article from the Daily Telegraph Australia.
- Did you know that your brain gets smaller when you sleep? The Sydney Morning Herald explores the science behind this phenomenon in the following story.
- New brand, Aizome Bedding, launches organic bed linens that use a centuries old, natural dying process to provide a safer and more environmentally friendly sleep. Read how it works in this article from Sleep Retailer.
- Doing something fun after work is one key to getting better sleep. Forbes gives us all an excuse to goof off in this feature.
Never miss another headline, click here to have Snooze News Weekly delivered directly to your inbox.